FSX - Scenery problems!

kenty953

Could anyone please tell me how to fix this :(

http://i57.tinypic.com/25je4pw.png

Ive tried reinstalling the game and it didnt work. When im at my setting it only says GTX 970 not Directx9.0

Please help me guys

------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my works!

ENHDbyKENTY - Karmoy Airport, Norway!

(W.I.P) ENGMbyKENTY - Gardemoen Airport, Norway!

Are you indicating the towers should not be there?

You should always play the base game enough so when you add something and test again, you'll know what caused any changes you observe.

If so, possibly a scenery conflict. Remove your add-ons or uncheck them from your scenery library and see what happens.

"When im at my setting it only says GTX 970 not Directx9.0"

What does this mean? DX version is not normally displayed anywhere in the FSX UI.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

What i mean with the direct x = http://i60.tinypic.com/r0cg0y.png

And i have no addons what so ever only the aircraft. Ive tried uinstalling it.

And the problem isnt the towers. Its the chunk things. Like when i takeof above 50feet ground starts dissapearing. And sea as well. I can see everything just fine untill im 50feet above ground. Sea starts unreandering as i get closer to it :3

Check out my works!

"FSX - Scenery problems!"

There is nothing wrong with your scenery. The text displayed in the Graphics tab of FSX is NOT the DirectX version (nor is it supposed to be.) This is the NAME and MODEL of your graphics card.

click on the Windows button on the your desktop

RIGHT click on Computer

click on Manage

Open Device Manager

Open Display Adapters.

This is the name of your Graphics Card. FSX detected it and selected it as the primary display for FSX.

Your problem is probably your settings.

Send us a pic of your Scenery tab.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Ok :) I got the DX9.0 the newest. But ill try downgrading and reinstall :) Ty for taking your time :)

Check out my works!

Do not use any more of the type language you used in your now deleted post, or you will be banned from these forum.

We do not tolerate foul language here. Please re-read the forum rules that you agreed to abide by when you joined. The rules can be found at the top of the forums.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Ok I got the DX9.0 the newest. But ill try downgrading"

You do not need to downgrade or download anything. DX9 is what FSX uses on a freh install of the program.

Without going into a 100 message runaway thread, DX10 does not work. Just use it as it is with preview off and send us a pic of your scenery settings and computer specifications. That's where your real problem is. Trying to use DX10 right now is not a good way to go to get you set up properly.

-Pv-

Dx10 is something that is installed seperately, not as part of fsx. I think (not sure) your gtx970 is dx10 capable. I would therefore expect windows to install dx10 automatically.

For that you will need to have the correct videocard driver installed. Make sure of that first.

How would dx10 get installed:

Either when installing windows (with the card in the pc at the time).

Or through windows update. Check win update, have a look at the 'recommended' (as opposed to 'required') updates as well!

If you can't find it through win update, have a look on the web for microsoft's -dxwebsetup- for dx10.

Once dx10 is installed on the pc, you will see the option available in that setup screen you posted. (in post#2)

I doubt very much re-installing fsx will do anything. Better leave it, and use this install as a 'test utility', while you fix/fine tune the pc. (Then once the pc runs smooth, think about maybe re-installing fsx.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DX11 is installed on Win7 by default. Might be the same for Win8.

FSX installs DX9 so FSX will run.

DX10 preview is a demo mode which was never intended to be used by the default installation as a normal play mode.

This preview mode thing is one of the biggest mistakes MS ever made.

What a hassle!

-Pv-

There is no 'use dx9' box in fsx. There never is one.

When dx10 is installed (and card is capable of dx10), there is a 'select dx10 preview box'.

That box selected - fsx is using dx10.

That box not selected - fsx is using dx9.

When dx10 is not installed (but dx9 is) there will be no box, and fsx will use dx9.

There are known problems with fsx when fsx is played in dx10 mode. That is why it is called a preview mode.

So I don't recommend you actually go and select dx10 mode in fsx. But I would expect the option (box) to be available in your settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, well spotted, I missed that completely.

for dx 10 to be available to fsx, you will need to install the update to fsx DeLuxe.

There are two ways.

1- If you have the fsx acceleration pack DVD, install that on top of fsx deluxe. It contains all you need.

2- If you do not have the fsx acceleration pack DVD, there is a different way. Microsoft released two updates for fsx.

Microsoft FSX Service Pack 1:

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2:

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

Updating fsx will (should) greatly improve things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Preview DX10 doesn't show as an option.

This means either you haven't installed SP1 and SP2, or your GPU isn't up to it (or is badly installed - additional power not plugged or so).

Wim

Was it my mention in post#5 that got everyone started on DX10 being an issue??

I just asked if he was looking for it.

"Are you referring to DX10 Preview, which you do not have".

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

just saying the absence of the checkbox is an indication of a "not so good" installation.

Not having the option for DX10 Preview Mode means...

User is using Win XP which has no support for DX10

...or...

User has an old graphics card that does not support DX10

...or...

User has met the first 2 requirements and has not installed SP2 or Acceleration.

Stating that their FSX installation is "not so good" is a bit misleading.

You can have a perfectly good FSX installation on an old computer that does not support DX10.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 1 year later...

Archived