What'up???

mabe5454

This is just a minor hole in the default ATC logic as a result of rounding errors. When these happen, just do what you know is right. The ATC is not keeping score.

Since you are only 10 degrees off the approach course to the runway, and only 1 degree off the course the ATC wants, just keep what you have until you get the next vector to turn toward the runway.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I get that type of message from ATC when they have given me an approach (Normally a visual approach) to a runway and I've changed it to an ILS approach. Occasionally they give you what you want or they are pigheaded and tell you to approach but then circle to land where they first wanted you to go.

Makes you crazy, Huh?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

My father flew for many many many years for UAL out of SFO. I went on more than a few with him (I love to fly!) and you have no idea what memories the words "United xyz Heavy, expect ILS for runway...blah blah blah" conjure up for me...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

First rule of flying. Do not obey ANY instruction given to you by ATC or anyone else which causes improper control of the aircraft. The ATC is STUPID AI. You are supposed to be the smart one.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I get that type of message from ATC when they have given me an approach (Normally a visual approach) to a runway and I've changed it to an ILS approach. Occasionally they give you what you want or they are pigheaded and tell you to approach but then circle to land where they first wanted you to go.

Makes you crazy, Huh?

Yes, it does. Specially when loosing your landing perspective and preparation. It all went to hell in a hand basket very, very fast.

Circle around-2.jpg

ATC brought me to the wrong side of the airport to ask me for left downwind, runway 1R, me think

Oh well.

Cheers,

ATC is limited in that it can only give you approaches that are coded into the sim when you are flying IFR.

What was the weather at the time???

It must have been winds from the north. Were there clouds? What was the visibility?

SFO does not have any approaches to the 1s so ATC was vectoring you to the ILS for 19L.

What you should have done was follow the vectors until you were on the localizer and had the runway in site. At that time you would break off of the localizer and enter a left hand pattern for 1R.

At all times in the pattern you should keep visual contact with the airport. If you lose visual contact you would declare a missed approach and follow the missed approach procedures.

If at any time while on approach to the airport you should happen to be able to see the airport, you could have cancelled IFR and made a straight in visual approach to 1R.

Or if you were comfortable with the crosswind component, at the time of your first screenshot you could have chosen "2" and selected one of the 10/28 runways. The 28s both have ILS.

Actually, given the limitations of the sim, the ATC performed rather well and as expected. It is not "stupid" and there were no "rounding errors".

And if you cannot land a 737 in 8600+ feet, you need to go back to school.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived