Payware Plane Recommendations - C-208B and 727 or 757

Werewolf13

I'm looking to upgrade my default MS C-208B to a better more accurate flight model, panels/switches, purty would be nice and would prefer one that doesn't cause a frame rate hit.

Recs?

I'd also like to get a medium sized commercial airliner that can haul passengers or cargo. 727 looks good as well as the 757. I've found the Captain Sim for the 727 and 757 and Quality Wings for the 757 but am certainly not locked into either brand.

What would y'all recommend.

I've got a medium-high performance system but to be honest if I can keep frames above 30 I'd be happy.

I have the freemium 757 and recently purchased the Quality Wings Ultimate 757 collection, which is now my airliner of choice.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Soooo...

I went ahead and bought the Quality Wings Ultimate 757. Nice package except for one thing.

It comes with Conduit - which is - to be nice - borderline malware and spyware for sure. MalwareBytes flags it that way and I've had every spyware package I've used for years flag it as spyware.

On installation of the 757 MalwareBytes caught it. I chose to quarantine the conduit file flagged and move on.

Package appeared to install just fine. NOT! When loading up FSX it went essentially haywire. After 2 tries with no joy I decided to see if it was the 757 package. I restored the conduit file from MalwareBytes and tried reloading FSX again.

Everything took.

Imagine that.

I'm not unhappy with the content - I am unhappy with Quality Wings for forcing conduit on me.

Needless to say - Quality Wings won't be getting anymore of my money.

As you may know already, Conduit is a Browser Hijacker. Most likely not effecting FSX. If you "restored Conduit", then the file "cltmng.exe" will change your desired home page browser settings to use Conduit software. Browser hijackers like Conduit typically display ads and redirects users to the Conduit website.

If Quality Wings is a "safe" site, I'd be checking recent web or email downloads which may have had the "cltmng.exe" file embedded. A little off FSX topics but I would be interested to know how you got rid of it :)

Ron

Capture.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Had a similar issue with the Qualitywings BAe 146/Avro RJ package.

Some gauges were considered being malware and blocked by Iobit Malware Fighter, resulting in a CTD when selecting the AC in the selection screen. I trusted QW, and uninstalled Iobit Malware Fighter. One has to make choices, I chose for QW, much to my satisfaction btw.

Can't tell if the QW 757 has the same issue, as I purchased and installed it later, with Iobit already uninstalled. Not gonna test that either, but apparently it has.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

As you may know already, Conduit is a Browser Hijacker. Most likely not effecting FSX. If you "restored Conduit", then the file "cltmng.exe" will change your desired home page browser settings to use Conduit software. Browser hijackers like Conduit typically display ads and redirects users to the Conduit website.

If Quality Wings is a "safe" site, I'd be checking recent web or email downloads which may have had the "cltmng.exe" file embedded. A little off FSX topics but I would be interested to know how you got rid of it :)

Ron

[ATTACH=CONFIG]175281[/ATTACH]

MalwareBytes caught the file on installation of the QW Ultimate 757 package. I quarantined it - that was one of the options. Had to unquarantine it to get the package to fully install and run. The next day I scanned the Quality Wings folder that was installed in the FSX directory and there it was (as expected since I unquarantined it). Figured I try quarantining the file since I'd successfully installed already and everything worked. This time FSX loaded OKAY. Annoying to say the least. But that Conduit file was definitely in the FSX/Quality Wings/ folder. I imagine its used for the funky add-on manager that comes with the package.

Archived