Here is another nightmarish (memory) problem, exact nature unknown.

alexzar14

It's been a nightmare today, ar!!

You may find it hard to believe but I've been struggling for 6 hours until I was finally able to take off from JFK.

I haven't been experiencing problems lately until just know. The flight I wanted to do is:

KJFK-EDDF, iFly 747, Activesky active, 7pm dusk time.

Sceneries:

2010 Global mesh, Orbx w/ Vector, FSDS NY JFK scenery. I was getting constant crashes with "out of memory" messages (exception from HRESULT 0xC00014B). Then I tried without Activesky, the same results. The iFly 747 was impossible, so I selected a PMDG 777 and redid the flightplan. It was ok initially (it is smoother indeed), and I was thinking the problem was with iFly 747. But as I got to the runway the thing crashed again, then few more times on roll and climb. I use Autosave and save panel states so that helps. By the way, every 3-5 seconds the windows is making these sounds you hear when you open or close programs. So something is there I don't know what. Finally, once away from NY, I was left alone no longer bothered.

Thinking over it:

1. iFly 747 is not the smoothest software there is, it could contribute to the memory problem, but couldn't be a cause of it. I flew it before installing sceneries and it was ok.

2. FSDS JFK, these are killer sceneries but unlikely to be a cause.

3. One freaky scenery, and this one for sure isn't normal: Drzewiecki KEWR and KLGA I have in the vicinity, the manual itself is stating the sceneries are very hard on FSX. It used to crash FSX before, until I ran FTX Vector configurator which seemed to solve the problem. Entirely? - not sure.

Pity, because we have no problems with fps, no crashes under normal conditions, just this memory issue we have to solve. Anything I could add to the FSX.cfg file? I have 16GB RAM, how much more does FSX need?

7772.jpg

I believe The sound is not a program. It's a Usb device connecting- disconnecting. I suspect a stuck printer or broken device.

Try this:

Shut down the pc. Disconnect all Usb devices and Usb cables from the back of the pc. Flick the black power switch on the back of the pc to 0 (zero). Then press the start button on the front 10 times to discharge all power from the mainboard.

Flick black switch back to 1 position. Plug in only th required Usb hardware. Boot and try again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe The sound is not a program. It's a Usb device connecting- disconnecting. I suspect a stuck printer or broken device.

Try this:

Gosh, where do people come up with these answers?

The beeping? I've got $5.00 that it's FSUIPC trying to tell the user that an OOM is approaching at warp 7.2. Any takers on the wager?

Sometimes the answer isn't that difficult. Busy area, pig(s) of airplanes and pig of airport. And then people wonder why FSX barfs on the keyboard... :confused:

Hi meshman,

I.ll explain. I had a crash a few days ago. Api.dll, google produced 'settings to high' but nothing was changed recently.

I had noticed a ping-pong pong-ping sound, like disconnecting and reconnecting a Usb device. Had a look at the printer and found the menu frozen (the printer has its own 3"display.) Only way to restart printer was to pull its power cord. I also disconnected the usb cable from the pc.

Rebooting I still heard the sound. I shut down the pc and discharged it as described and all fixed. My pc keeps power on the Usb's if you don't, something for charging devices. The light on the speakers is always on.

I hear the same sound when connecting a fauly usb drive. Connecting that also makes the pc very slow.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just landed. Oh boy.... The flight was ok, then on final near EDDF it startet to make the sounds again and it isn't a USB sound, it's a sound you hear when you install a program, at the end when installed it make this "too" sound notifying you the program is installed.

Landed still ok, turned off and crashed! Thanks God the landing wasn't interrupted.

So this isn't Dwerzevski sceneries although it may catalyze.

Reloaded, taxied to the gate with no further crashing but the sounds continued with messages pointing to the cause of the problem (I believe) - NET.FRAMEWORK!!

I clicked "continue" so it kept going. Note however that in NY it crashed no matter what.

As for the heavy sceneries, I actually get good performance of 17-20 fps, min 16 on turns (you need min 14 for near-smooth taxiing and I have more than that) so I'm happy there and want to keep all these beauties.

7775.jpg

Where do I find crash logs?

Just yesterday I did a day flight with A-321X, no problem. Why today... night textures?

net framework...?

Orbx comes with stunning (!) 3D night textures, not sure if it conflicts with what came with UTX. UTX uninstalled but night textures was a separate entity. I do see how Orbx textures are different so suposse it overwrote the old ones.

The addons are... just mind blowing, we have to figure out how to make it work and I do a party for all!! )))))))))

7773.jpg

7774.jpg

Read the sticky at the top of this forum:

"A note to those creating threads regarding FSX crashes"

The information you need to get results is in there. It's not just about creating threads, but getting solutions including using the Event Viewer. In your case, this sticky might have been more helpful to you if it had a different title like:

"Read this thread about crashes before you create a new crash post."

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Event Viewer please. A bad program will use up the memory assigned to it and crash. Helps to know exactly which one. There may actually be several and fixing one may cause one or more to show up since during a crash, only the first one gets reported.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I downloaded net framework 4.5.2 (I had 4.5.1) and loaded the same scenario, 18:00 KJFK iFly 747. It was almost a bingo, there were no sounds, I was able to taxi to the runway and then it crashed.

Then I disable the Drzeweski NY Airports (KEWR & KLGA), loaded same cold and dark scenario and guess what, I took off and climbed nooooo problems.

So, those airports indeed cause the problem, as well as net framework.

Now, what happens is you can never be experienced enough at this, one day things will not work well and, not knowing what to do, you will run here for help (or at least will experience a need to talk to someone).

Then I flew Coolsky MD-80 KLAS-KIAH, smoooooooth.

I'm going to try this 747 trip again next weekends, this time KJFK-EHAM.

As for Drzeweski KEWR, I flew out of it 2 or 3 times, no crashes although no smoothness either, it must have to do with the software they used to create the scenery. Anyway it is disabled. Best to stay with well respected names: FSDS, Aerosoft, FlyTampa... FlightBeam...

Drzeweski did a good job but used a wrong software. I remember 8 years ago sceneries were causing FS9 to choke, then Flytampa revolutionized the scenery build utilizing then a new type of software picked up by others, no clue what Drzeweski used to design its.

Add-ons, add-ons, add-ons.

Those and bad tweaking, not keeping up with updates (.net should be upgrading itself) and drivers are 99.9% of everyone's problems. Since there are a thousand ways to bugger these items up, hard to keep track of.

Best way is to use extreme caution and only change one thing at a time, testing completely between each thing you change so you'll know it's the last thing you did.

I want everything and I want it now.

-Pv-

Found a solution. I flew the "famous" flight last week, took off from JFK no problem (disabled Drzeweski) but crashed on final to EHAM. Then another time flying a short flight QW Avro-100. I got annoyed, researched the web and found the cause: FSXSave. There are some pipe communications failing... whatever.

I had crashes before having the uiautomationcore module, so I got that and FSXSave, which nullified/neutralized the result. Uninstalled FSXSave, generated a new FSX.cfg, tweaked, flew the "famous" flight with iFly 747, and... LANDED!!!

At last. So that what it was, FSXSave. I'll save manually.

>I want everything and I want it now.

I have already gave up this idea, there is indeed too much stuff and too many things to be done with FSX. Still nailing down EFIS type planes which take 3-4 flights each until well-understood. And I thought I could fly one of each before moving to stuff like Captainsim

and Coolsky DC-9.

Two remaining modern planes to master: PMDG J41 & Magic Dash 8-4, no rush...

7441.jpg

7473.jpg

Nice sleuthing. FSUIPC has a flight saver built into it if you need that feature but in my experience reading years of posts here, all of these kinds of utilities can cause problems of various kinds.

-Pv-

I have used FSXSave extensively and have never had it crash the sim.

Uninstalled FSXSave, generated a new FSX.cfg, tweaked, flew the "famous" flight with iFly 747, and... LANDED!!!

At last. So that what it was, FSXSave. I'll save manually.

How do you know FSXSave was the cause?

Maybe the new FSX.cfg fixed the crash.

Maybe the tweaks did it.

Any time you change more than one parameter you cannot pinpoint the fix/problem.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 3 weeks later...
I have used FSXSave extensively and have never had it crash the sim.

How do you know FSXSave was the cause?

Maybe the new FSX.cfg fixed the crash.

Maybe the tweaks did it.

Any time you change more than one parameter you cannot pinpoint the fix/problem.

peace,

the Bean

I've read somewhere on goggle that FSXsave communicates with FSX via some "pipes" that break off, when one pipe is lost you get a crash. Something like that.

Anyway this is not the only reason as you said, it's multifactorial.

I begin to think this may have to do with video card or drivers, I can't find that thread where PV mentioned that, but I'd like to discuss it because (my thoughts the past few days are based on what PV said): it is possible not to have the OOMs.

Just had another one landing in MA Paris Orly overnight flight. Global Textures Resolution set to High.

With some less demanding addons like Coolsky MD-80 or Airbus-X I don't get OOMs even with Global Texture Resolution set to Very High (maxed), PMDGs on the other hand are EXTREMELY demanding (demandive). But they cause OOMs when paired with MegaAirport sceneries, it's just a big load.

Ultimately, since PMDG and sceneries can't be blamed for OOMs, we have to look for something that can't handle the load, things like video drivers for example, or some modules...

Any thoghts?

Ultimately, since PMDG and sceneries can't be blamed for OOMs, we have to look for something that can't handle the load, things like video drivers for example, or some modules...

Any thoghts?

Says who???

In fact it is true that PMDG and sceneries can cause OOMs.

Easy enough to prove.

Do a flight with a PMDG bird from and into addon airports.

If you get an OOM, make the same flight in the default 737 or 747 and see if you get on OOM.

Or make the same flight in the PMDG from and into default airports and see if you get an OOM.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

>I want everything and I want it now.

I've read somewhere on goggle that FSXsave communicates with FSX via some "pipes" that break off, when one pipe is lost you get a crash. Something like that.

Anyway this is not the only reason as you said, it's multifactorial.

I begin to think this may have to do with video card or drivers, I can't find that thread where PV mentioned that, but I'd like to discuss it because (my thoughts the past few days are based on what PV said): it is possible not to have the OOMs.

Just had another one landing in MA Paris Orly overnight flight. Global Textures Resolution set to High.

With some less demanding addons like Coolsky MD-80 or Airbus-X I don't get OOMs even with Global Texture Resolution set to Very High (maxed), PMDGs on the other hand are EXTREMELY demanding (demandive). But they cause OOMs when paired with MegaAirport sceneries, it's just a big load.

Any thoghts?

You caused this yourself.

The more details you make fsx try to display, the harder a pc has to work. To much, more than it can handle, and fsx crashes (to prevent the OS itself from crashing). Where the tipping point is depends on how good the pc is.

fsx + high detail texture addon airport + settings high -- almost crashes

fsx + high detail textured addon aircraft + settings high -- almost crashes

fsx + high detail texture addon airport + high detail textured addon aircraft + settings high -- So much details to draw that fsx crashes.

What is so hard to understand there?

Do you want a nice picture for 3 minutes, or a flight that lasts a few hours, but looks less good? A choice you will have to make.

Stop blaming PMDG, stop blaming Drezwieki Designs, stop blaming your videocard, stop blaming Windows, stop blaming FSX. Those addons and the rest of it are all working fine.

The problem is, choosing highest settings while using all those heavy addons. Your pc can't handle all that.

This is all you. (Or as they say in aviation, pilot error.;))

Use common sense, aim for a setting and use of addons that gives enjoyable flying.

If you just want nice views, go see Iron Eagle (movie), great music in there too!

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoohooo PREACH it BROTHER!

FSUIPC can display your available video memory which is what causes the OOMs when you run out. By paying attention to the display, you can discover the tipping point and find setting, scenery, aircraft combos that allow you to avoid the video memory OOM.

... unless of course your computer is broken.

"Do a flight with a PMDG bird from and into addon airports.

If you get an OOM, make the same flight in the default 737 or 747 and see if you get on OOM."

It's false expectations of the FSX user which is 90% of the problems. Just because MS made the sim add-on friendly does not mean it automatically fixes every problem aircraft and scenery designers create and no doubt there is a lot of scenery created with very poor programming and image editing technique causing your OS and FS a lot of headaches they have to try and solve internally. You can help FS out by ramping down your expectations or just keeping fighting the inevitable lost battle.

An alternative is to invest in the FS versions which are under development and problems like these are being looked at by talented programers and slowly addressed. Expecting a nine year old program which is frozen in time to do everything you could possibly dream of if you are determined enough and hold your mouth just right is just not realistic, even bordering on madness.

-Pv-

• 2 months later...

The phenomenon you described I'm sure is unconnected with one I experienced nonetheless I'd like to share mine in case -albeit remotely- there may be a relationship:

I once set up a harsh, winter blizzard for a crack-of-dawn departure from KJFK to DNMM. I chose the default B744 and was running FSX on a WinVista 32bit HP Pavilion (WEI basescore was 2.3). Every time I started I passed V2 for climbout, I got conflicting airspeed and altitude readouts. It was almost as if Microsoft had modelled in the effect of icing conditions on unheated pitot probes. Funny thing is that the default B744 overhead panel clearly has no functionl probe heating panel modelled in. Anyway, just beyond V2 the erroneous readings always occur and a few seconds later FSX freezes.

I know your setup is different from mine, but my problem never occurred outside winter blizzard conditions. I don't think your scenery is the problem because I'm sure you did homework regarding having the right graphics memory (video-RAM) setup.

At the moment I'm trying to investigate the issue of "UIautomatiincore.dll". I recently installed FSX on a 64bit Win8.1 HP240 with an WEI basescore of 4.1 and it kept crashing on FSX startup. I downloaded the UIautomatiincore.dll file into the FSX root folder and so far the app crash hasn't occured again. I did notice that the scenery now has a darker, grainier, coarser look though. I need mire test-minutes (or hours) to be sure that app-crashing is resolved. I will soon share a link in the issue here.

My question now is "will/can UIautomatiincore.dll solve your problem?"

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Archived