Black boxes in some sceneries, ho to fix that?

mareo_1806

As hinted, the likely cause is this scenery package is not fully or correctly installed.

Another common cause is your graphics are over-driven. If so, just waiting a while would allow the objects to pop into place eventually.

Possible scenery conflict?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

As hinted, the likely cause is this scenery package is not fully or correctly installed.

Another common cause is your graphics are over-driven. If so, just waiting a while would allow the objects to pop into place eventually.

Possible scenery conflict?

-Pv-

weel, I just clicked on the .exe file, not sure if I have to do something else and I got a GTX 760

It's likely not a graphics card problem. Tell us about your CPU and FSX graphics settings. What happens when you wait? You installed V 1.7?

-Pv-

I am not the best person for this kind of things. is there an easy way to get you a snapshot of what you asked for?

If you installed FlyTampa StMaartin, was everything working fine before that?

Did you install version 1.7?

If you have win7 or 8:

Shut down all applications and games.

Click on the Windows icon and RIGHT CLICK Computer, then click on Properties down at the bottom. Click on "Windows Experience Index" and let it test your system. Tell us the score.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

If you installed FlyTampa StMaartin, was everything working fine before that?

Did you install version 1.7?

If you have win7 or 8:

Shut down all applications and games.

Click on the Windows icon and RIGHT CLICK Computer, then click on Properties down at the bottom. Click on "Windows Experience Index" and let it test your system. Tell us the score.

-Pv-

Oh yes, I installed version 1.7 and worked fine..

I have Windows 7 and here is my score, not good with last one:

windows test.jpg

5.9 is a VERY slow computer. It's likely your FS graphics settings are too high. You need a score of 7.2 or higher to run the sliders medium high or more. It's likely the scenery package you installed is too dense for the settings you are using.

-Pv-

5.9 is a VERY slow computer. It's likely your FS graphics settings are too high. You need a score of 7.2 or higher to run the sliders medium high or more. It's likely the scenery package you installed is too dense for the settings you are using.

-Pv-

what would you recommend for FS graphics settings? probably I did something wrong as I also tweaked the .CFG file following tutorials from internet... perhaps you can help me to get it setup correctly.

Thanks

I suggest shutting down FSX backing up your current CFG file to a copy, then delete the original. This will cause FSX to generate a NEW CLEAN DEFAULT CFG file when it next runs. Go to Settings Scenery and click "Reset Defaults."

CFG tweaks are not for those who have beginner's experience. Even with the guides, there are tweaks which only work on the computer owned by the author of the guide.

If you are brave enough to do it again, do them one at a time, testing the most demanding scenery and aircraft between each tweak. That way, you'll know which one broke it.

Thanks for asking my question about when your scenery went bad. This kind of poorly asked question usually results in a long give and take of confusing answers.

You now know "how to fix..."

-Pv-

-Pv-

7.6 on his CPU, 7.6 on his RAM, 7.9(max) in both Graphics categories, is slow?

The Hard drive score is what brought his base score down to 5.9.

Oddly enough, I have the same base score of 5.9. Check my sig. I assure you it's fast.

7.7 on my CPU, 7.9 on my RAM and Graphics, 5.9 on my Samsung SSD.

The WEI Base Score is a crock and gives no indication of performance.

Mareo, Download and install Speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It will provide all of your hardware information...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

7.6 on his CPU, 7.6 on his RAM, 7.9(max) in both Graphics categories, is slow?

The Hard drive score is what brought his base score down to 5.9.

Oddly enough, I have the same base score of 5.9. Check my sig. I assure you it's fast.

7.7 on my CPU, 7.9 on my RAM and Graphics, 5.9 on my Samsung SSD.

The WEI Base Score is a crock and gives no indication of performance.

Mareo, Download and install Speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It will provide all of your hardware information...Don

I installed speccy and here is my summary:

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 38 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (10-10-10-30)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87-D3HP-CF (SOCKET 0) 28 °C

Graphics

SAMSUNG (1024x768@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte) 35 °C

Storage

931GB MB1000EAMZE ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C

Optical Drives

ATAPI iHAS124 E ATA Device

MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Do you think is good enough? It`s hard for me to know what things should I install with my FSX and how to tweek the .CFG and how to setup FSX configuration, is there any recommended place I can look for?

Thanks in advance!

Emmanuel

Your computer should be able to run most graphic sliders above medium.

A little higher with careful tweaking. In FSX, the CPU speed rules all. 3.4+ is above average, 4.0+ can get near max on some settings depending on the compromises you can live with..

Where you able to get rid of the blackouts when you restored your CFG?

-Pv-

Your computer should be able to run most graphic sliders above medium.

A little higher with careful tweaking. In FSX, the CPU speed rules all. 3.4+ is above average, 4.0+ can get near max on some settings depending on the compromises you can live with..

Where you able to get rid of the blackouts when you restored your CFG?

-Pv-

unfortunately the blackouts still in that scenery TNCM, I restored the CFG but still.... :/

Sounds like the scenery didn't completely install. If that is the only problem you have with scenery and it's the last scenery you installed, then it's a pretty safe bet it's a problem with the installer or missing textures. You could go to the FSX scenery library and temporarily disable that ad-on area and go there to make sure the default scenery looks OK. If OK, you could try to find an update to the scenery package or go to the tech support for the package. Another possibility is the package is relying on textures from other scenery or replacement textures you might have installed which are missing or bad. The instructions for the package might list any other add-ons it depends on like a previous installation version of the package.

-Pv-

At the risk of stepping into an argument, may I make a comment?

I and several other posters have seen black boxes in more than one paid for scenery add on. When I and others first asked about this issue a simple repair was suggested.

Make sure Preview DirectX 10 is not checked in your aircraft display settings. Apparently a ton of add on software doesn't like DirectX 10.

This might not help your issue, but it helped mine. It's quick and easy, so give it a shot.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived