Varying Control Response

lnuss

I'm puzzled by occasional delays in control response. In normal flying I don't much see this, but when doing aerobatics you need to sometimes do full deflection of controls, and while I sometimes have instant response, there are other times when there is anywhere from a quarter of a second to almost a full second delay between (for example) applying full aileron and ANY response from P3D. This has never happened to me in FSX.

I'm using a Thrustmaster Warthog stick/throttle, and checking the FSUIPC response I find that it is always instantaneous, as is checking Windows' calibration tool. When this occurs, I also see the delay in TrackIR response which, again, I've never seen in FSX. And the controls have the same problem even when I don't run TrackIR. Also, the delay comes and goes -- it may only be a few seconds between changes or more than a minute.

To top it off, one with whom I fly multiplayer, who has a Saitek X-52, and who doesn't use TrackIR, has the same control response intermittent delay problem.

Any thoughts on how I might track this down?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Larry -

I always add STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 in my [CONTROLS] section. Way back when one of the Aces guys determined that it would help.

So ever since then I set my sensitivity to max, my null zone to min and add the entry.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks, Vic -- In FSX I could see the difference with that line installed, but that line has no effect whatsoever in P3D, that I've been able to determine, although I put it in my .cfg when I first installed P3D. Since I noticed the problem, I've run with it in and with it out, and still have the same problem. Note that this response rate can change just sitting on the runway for a minute or two without flying anywhere, changing aircraft, airports, or anything else. One moment it's fine, the next I have the delay.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

That is strange. Flaky USB port/power?

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

That is strange. Flaky USB port/power?

Vic

I don't think so. The guy I fly MP with has exactly the same problem, but he's 800+ miles away, with a different system, and neither of us had the problem with FSX, but we both see it on P3D.

I'm suspecting that something in P3D is getting bogged down periodically, thus slowing its response, then when it speeds up we get the responsiveness back -- at least that's the kind of symptom we seem to have. Once again, it's not really noticeable until you need a large control excursion and need instant response, such as when doing an 8-point roll. Small control movements don't seem to have the problem, at least not noticeably.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Archived