contraprop in FS9

nadlzfw

Does anyone know if it's possible to represent in FS9 an aircraft with a single contrarotating prop? I just installed a cool Martin Baker MB.5, with contrarotating Griffon engine, but the aircraft exhibits torque pull on take off, and I can't see any way to tweak the aircraft config file to represent a contraprop.

I suppose I could apply autorudder for when flying just this aircraft, but that's for beginners...

I also considered making it effectively a twin with two half-size engines at the same location turning opposite directions, but that means double controls in the cockpit and it's just too unrealistic altogether.

It's not a completely big deal; I can control the plane on the runway now that I know it happens.

Thanks!!!

Nadlzfw

I think I solved my problem! I copied and adapted prop parameters from the Wright Flyer, so now instead of one 6-blade prop in the cfg file, there are now two 3-blade at the same location turning in opposite directions.

No torque pull on the runway at all!

I think I solved my problem! I copied and adapted prop parameters from the Wright Flyer, so now instead of one 6-blade prop in the cfg file, there are now two 3-blade at the same location turning in opposite directions.

The prop offsets from the engine in aircraft.cfg are slightly different, right, so they do not overlay. I trust you also saw the number of blades per prop. Good deal on the rotation direction of each.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would you be so kind as to post what you copied from the Aircraft.cfg to achieve your 'fix'? For those of us (read: me) who have this airplane in their vHangar (or vBoneyard LOL), that might be an awesome tip to post!

Many Thanks!

Alan :)

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived