Problems with FSX models and sounds.

jefferysitz

The only version of FSX I have is deluxe and have no desire to buy gold unless I need it. Could there be a difference between the models in deluxe edition and all the other FSX models? I know that there a million differences between FSX and P3D but I am just trying to get a idea of what I can fix and what I can't.

The trouble I have been having is that stock FSX textures and sounds are not working in P3D. Neither the textures they came with on FSX nor the downloaded ones will display correctly. The ones from FSX just give me an all white plane, downloaded textures usually color the model but it is all messed up with wheels on the vertical stabilizer and such.

It is pretty much a given that any sound file in a downloaded plane that is aliased to an FSX stock plane will not work. I have even tried moving all the sound, cfg and all, to the downloaded plane's file but no luck. Sounds downloaded usually will work even if they are for FS9.

I appreciate the help.

Jeffery Sitz

Simply - yes there can be a major difference. If a product is designed for Acceleration (Gold) - it may not function properly in Deluxe.

Again, it is on a plane by plane basis - which a/c is causing the issue? Have you asked the developer?

Sometimes, if you know what you are dong, you can substitute working sounds but it's trial and error.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

The principle, surely, is to learn that something hurts when you do it repeatedly. And then stop doing it repeatedly.

Why would you think that FSX aircraft should work in P3D? And if you want to use FSX aircraft, why would you use P3D? Stick with FSX for FSX aircraft and P3D for its native or recognized compatible variants. No-one says you can't have both.

Mallcott blowing his horn again.

I dont know the exact difference between fsx deluxe and acceleration.

I have transfered 2 default planes from FSX with acceleration pack. The C172 and the C208. Both funcion 100% as they would do in fsx (I use P3Dv2.4) You dont even have to bother with gauges missing. All the stock gauges for the default FSX Cessnas are already in the P3D gauges folder, so they all show up where they should.

I´m using win7 pro 64 as well.

You wrote "I only use P3D, I only picked up a yard sale copy of FSX deluxe, don't have serial number, for the aircraft."

So a question: How did you install the aircraft? You have to fully install FSX and then move them over.

Here are some reasons to use the default FSX aircraft:

*some of us dont have or wont use a lot of money on addons.

*The 2 I mentioned are actually pretty good and they are sweet on FPS and fly better than some expensive payware.

*P3D is a lot better than fsx in almost all aspects (just my opinion). I never have any problems with crashing or stuttering so after making the move... there´s no going back.

I cannot think of another way to say the SAME thing - SOME a/c will work and SOME will not - that's it - fini - end - no mas.

IF the a/c is not allowed to be used in P3D - don't ask.

If it is, just try to install or copy the folders - if they work - go fly. If not, ask if anyone has them working and if no direct response - move on.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Actually, I think it is not the planes. The one freeware that was working lost it's radios this morning. I can go through the menus but I just hear nothing. I wonder if I have something messed up somewhere.

Other than a few planes, I have FSGenesis, UTX, and FSIUPC. The FSIUPC is all I can imagaine that could be causing it but it is the newest free version straight off the website.

Could a bad gauge somewhere in the folder cause a problem like this?

Possible but check FSUIPC - there is a setting to have unlimited battery power. It's possible you have it unchecked and you are running out of power on some a/c which will cause the radios to cease to function.

If you delete the P3D.cfg file and let P3D rebuild it - do the radios still not work on default a/c?

Vic

P3D Rig

Battery power extension is only available in the paid version - we've already been told it's the free FSUIPC in use.

The problem will be as simple as the choice of the default or startup flight and 'inherited' settings. This is bog-basic information for any simmer and requires no reinstallation - or payware. Battery runs out when generators or alternators are not creating the juice to fill it.

Load the DEFAULT flight, not what you are starting the sim with.

Now that you mention it, it is possible battery power might have something to do with it. I always set the default flight to whatever my favorite aircraft is cold and dark. Whenever I start a new airplane then, it is always in the cold and dark situation, could have something to do with it.

Now that you mention it, it is possible battery power might have something to do with it. I always set the default flight to whatever my favorite aircraft is cold and dark. Whenever I start a new airplane then, it is always in the cold and dark situation, could have something to do with it.

That will have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Well I spent about 6 hours reinstalling everything and it seems to be working now. I will leave it coming up on the default F-35 running. I can use Simlaunch to turn everything off except the engines when I start a flight and I made a hot key to kill the engines.

Archived