Fs2004 crashes after 20-50 mins

springbok12

My fs crashes for no apparent reason every 25 to 50 mins. it just stops, screen goes black and FS9 quits.

below are the details from windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17278, time stamp: 0x53eeb4a3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d10d

Faulting process ID: 0x2420

Faulting application start time: 0x01d00f438e42992c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 2ec98328-7b3b-11e4-bf5d-d850e60daac6

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Has anybody had this or similar error and can anything be done short of full re-install ?

my specs are asus x502c intel dual core i5, intel hd® graphics

any help much appreciated

Couple of generic things always worth trying in a situation like this. When did you last do a disk defrag and check for errors?

Is your PC overheating? Do you have SpeedFan or something similar to monitor temperatures and fans? When did you last clean the dust out of your PC?

Steve from Mudgee

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Have you cleaned the inside of your pc lately? Open it up and get all the dust out that is clogging fan/vents etc. It did wonders for me. Also, download the latest drive for your pc from microsofts website. Good luck! P.S. A toothpic is a good tool for cleaning out dust.

You could consider a system restore to see if you can get back to a point when FS9 didn't crash on you. It's worth a try!

If I were faced with this sort of problem, and couldn't fix it fairly quickly, then I would do a complete reinstall of Windows and FS9. At least that would solve the problem.

Dijvid

The location C:\Program Files (x86)\ suggests a 64 bit OS, although which one is can only be guessed at. However, I had a problem with FS9 doing the same thing in Win7 64 bit a couple of years back, and changed the properties to run in XP SP3 compatability mode. Not had a crash since then.

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17278,

You don't say if this happens only with a specific aircraft or in a specific part of the world. That file rarely affects all use.

Identified issues with ntdll.dll are:

1. Some add-on aircraft will not work unless either RENDER TO TEXTURE in Settings > Display > Hardware turned on, or REFLECTIONS in Settings > Display > Aircraft is turned on.
  2. Multiple A&FD files (often called "AFCAD" files) with differing co-ordinates for the airport concerned can give this problem when you reach a distance from the airport where the simulator places the AI aircraft.

If still nothing obvious, I would firstly suggest some test flights with a default aircraft and no AI traffic and work gently up from there.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Archived