Instructions on how to install a non-Prepar3d Native Aircraft?

lehbird

Hi:

Is there instructions somewhere on how to install an FSX A/C w/o the use of the migration tool? I understand it would be simple enough to copy the aircraft out of the Simobjects folder of FSX, but what about the gauges, NavData, effects, etc.?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi:

Is there instructions somewhere on how to install an FSX A/C w/o the use of the migration tool? I understand it would be simple enough to copy the aircraft out of the Simobjects folder of FSX, but what about the gauges, NavData, effects, etc.?

Thanks,

Dave

You can do it exactly the same way you do a manual install in FSX. There are lots of topics on that score, but we can't help you install FSX addons into P3D unless the developer of the addon expressly permits the aircraft to be installed there.

Name the addon.

You can do it exactly the same way you do a manual install in FSX. There are lots of topics on that score, but we can't help you install FSX addons into P3D unless the developer of the addon expressly permits the aircraft to be installed there.

Name the addon.

Thanks. Namely: QW757, Feelthere E-JetsV2

but we can't help you install FSX addons into P3D unless the developer of the addon expressly permits the aircraft to be installed there.

Name the addon.

Not exactly correct. We can help UNLESS the developer PROHIBITS it. If the developer takes no stance there is no issue.

lehbird - Easiest way is to copy the folders to P3D then load the aircraft and see if you get gauge related errors. Then look in the panel.cfg file for the gauge name and copy it from the FSX folder. Actually the easiest way is to contact t he dev and see if they have or plan to have a P3D installer.

If you do not want to use the migration tool - research the DOS Command MKLINK.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Vic

Thanks Vic- I am not opposed to using the migration tool. It was just I thought I saw a post (I thought by you but I could be wrong) that stated you need to be very careful with the migration program so it had me a little leery....

Not exactly correct. We can help UNLESS the developer PROHIBITS it. If the developer takes no stance there is no issue.

lehbird - Easiest way is to copy the folders to P3D then load the aircraft and see if you get gauge related errors. Then look in the panel.cfg file for the gauge name and copy it from the FSX folder. Actually the easiest way is to contact t he dev and see if they have or plan to have a P3D installer.

Vic

Incorrect. You need to understand copyright law and EULA's. As well as the permissions inherent in a 'license to use'.

But in any event we can save time here rather than banal conversation:

The QW757 comes with an allowable installation into P3D, using installer 2.2 but without support, so you're on your own with that.

With Service Pack 3, the product can be installed into the Prepar3D products. This product is NOT developed for and does NOT carry an official compatibility endorsement from QualityWings Simulations for Prepar3D. Installation is authorized, but does NOT carry support from QualityWings.

The Wilco E-jets V2 do not work in P3dv2, and are not permitted to be installed there.

You could not pick a harder manual installation than a QW product , so frankly, unless you're already an expert and you have the correct download version, I'd forget it.

Oh and to save more time, neither work with the migration tool either, and one of them will bugger your P3D installation isf you try.

Oh and to save more time, neither work with the migration tool either, and one of them will bugger your P3D installation isf you try.

Which is why I caution use of the EMT.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

You can buy payware native P3Dv2 aircraft that buggers your system.

I bought the Justflight Chipmunk and besides being invisible (it did load) it made it impossible to use any addon aircraft after its install. (default worked) I figured out the last thing. It took me some hours, but well, its the past now.

The Chipmunk is still invisible. Justflight told me there are several persons with that problem, so I send them a DXDIAG and hopefully they´ll work things out.

So, the only serious problem I´ve had so far has been with a native P3Dv2 payware aircraft with a P3Dv2 installer. Freeware and FSX hasnt caused me any serious problems. Some didn´t work but it was just a matter of deleting or uninstalling them.

I have the EMT, but I prefer to do a manual install to a folder that has nothing to do with P3D. You can make a folder with a copy of your P3D exe or a copy of the FSX exe that the emt has placed in the P3D folder (you can make one your self as well).

Then I can see what is going into P3D and make backups of the files that it will overwrite (if any)

Mallcott, again, you are the opposite of being helpfull. Its your style, I know.

It could be that my difficulty is system specific but it could also be software specific. PC´s are complex things and every one is different, so its not an easy task to make software for PC

I´m happy for you that your Chippie "installed in seconds, flies without any difficulty" But some of us didnt have that experience and what you wrote doesnt help us. On the contrary.

I will only repeat that the only addon I have had problems with was a native P3Dv2 aircraft. So because something is approved by the publisher doesnt mean that its 100% safe for every one. That was my message. Nothing else. I have no problems waiting untill the developper of the Chipmunk finds out what is wrong with my system or with their software..

If anyone is interested, I have now found the solution of the Chipmunk problems I had. It was the Simconnect.dll that wasnt installed. It seems like its a problem that sometimes happens with P3D itself. I found out myself, but I want to add that the service from Justflight was excellent. I never had the feeling that they would just leave me alone with this one. I have told them my solution and they have send it on to the others with the same problem.

Btw. Its a very nice plane. It reminds me of the countless hours in Bill Lyons Fs2002/2004 chipmunk. Its one of the easyest small taildraggers to fly and especially to land, so I give it a little extra crosswind. :) :)

As expected then: Not only was I helpful, I was accurate.

Your difficulty was system specific.

When you can accept that as a new arrival you don't half as much as seasoned members of this forum, you will be one quarter of the way to becoming a useful member of it. I note with some pleasure that you at least take the time and trouble to come back and post what the issue was. Others would do well to learn from you. And you would do well to learn from us.

Interestingly, had you posted a question rather than hijacking someone elses topic, I could have told you that the problem was with Simconnect - the symptoms you describe come up repeatedly in the far more voluble forums at Avsim and P3D.

Archived