really need help

maverick1746

For the last 3 days i have been trying to find out why when i play fsx when i start to take off on the runway all the plane does is go in circles and i can not control it. At first i thought it might be the joy stick but that is working i just dont know what to do any more. any help would be great thank you

So you start on the active runway and you never leave the ground but just run in circles?

What aircraft? What joysticks do you have?

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

From the outside view, do all the controls look to be in their neutral position? If you are starting from a saved flight, I've had cases where the autopilot was (still) engaged with ailerons causing the turn. Engage/disengage the autopilot to allow controls to return to neutral state.

Go to options-settings controls. On the 'keyboard assignments tab' set a key for: "rudder trim - center" and one for "aileron trim - center".

On the runway, make sure the autopilot is off, so there are no control inputs coming from that.

Then press the two keys you selected, to center the rudder and ailerons. Press '5' on the numpad to centre the controlls. Push the throttle and it should drive in a straight line.

if still wrong it may be the joystick. To test, simply disconnect the joystick. Start fsx. Start a situation on the runway. Center the trim. Center the controls by pressing '5' on the numpad. Add thrust by pressing the F2 key on the keyboard. It should drive in a straight line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just for grins, go outside aircraft and verify that control surfaces are leveled out or at least trimmed to zero degrees. Otherwise, joystick calibration might be overdue:)

Ron

Control Surfaces1.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

ok got the joy stick working now the only thing is the throttle stays at full before i take off or land humm

Are you sure it's your throttle and not Auto Throttle engaged. Did you calibrate the throttle also?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived