Hardware setup complete helicoptersimulator.

Southeast pilot

It's time to move a step further ahead with my helicopter simulator.

As it is right now my setup is like this :

* Intel Core i5-4690K

* 16 Gb RAM

* Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3 Gb GDDR5

* Tripple screens ( using the displayport with an active converter to DVI for one screen

and the two DVI outputs for the other two ).

* Pro Flight Trainer Black Lynx Control device

* FSX Gold edition with Accelerator

* Flight 1 Ultimate terrain X Europe

* Just Flight Robinson R44

The simulator will be a copy of a Robinson R44 Clipper II.

What I'm planning to do is to build the middel lower console where the switches should be

"in present" and the rest ( indicators, gauges and so on ) will be present at a 4th screen.

For switches I will use control boards and hardware from Desktop Aviators.

The top middle console will be shown on the middle mainscreen ( just as default ) and the

overhead panel ( with the rotorbrake ) will be built as "for real".

Now to the actual question :

How do I connect the 4th screen and setup FSX to show the lower middle console with the

equipment I have today ( is it possible at all ) ???

Please return with a sollution including both how to connect the screens and how to do the

software setup. If there is any extra hardware included in your sollution, please include a

connection- and setup sollution for this too.

/ Best regards

Southeast Pilot

Doesn't anyone have a single clue how to solve this ?? As I've seen in this forum at least a couple of you out there have similar setups for airliners. If I have to put in an extra graphiccard, extra software, lead the videosignal through some sort of videosplitter or even a 2:nd computor to make this work it's no problem. I just want a little help with how to connect these items, solve the software setup and make them run properly.

The graphiccard should, as I've seen, be able to run up to 6 screens, either a BIG view over all 6 screens or different views ( or windows ) on all 6 via the displayport and a videosplitter. The question is, can FSX run different views at the same time through one graphiccard ??

Please respond.

/ Southeast Pilot

I can't answer your question totally. For one thing, I typically only run three monitors. However I run three separate views on three separate monitors with FSX using only one Raetheon video card whenever I wish.

I simply go to cockpit view & use that view for my center view. Then I select "new view," typically left wing. Then I "undock" that view and move it to the left monitor.

Then I repeat the process and move the right wing view to the right monitor. I then adjust each side view so it's interior edge meets the exterior edge of the center monitor. So I have near 180* vision spread across three screens, like looking out a sectioned windshield.

Hope this helps.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived