Another puzzling thing that happened with 777

kwash55

As I stated in my previous post , Flying the 777 between Honolulu and KLAX at 29,000 and .76 Mach ( put the decimal in right place this time :) I requested an altitude change and was approved to 32,000 feet ( should have been ODD 33,000 heading East but that's not relevant to my question . Anyhow, AP on , Auto throttle on and slowly climbing to 32,000 when all of a sudden the stall or stick shacker starts blaring !!!! Still was doing over 300 knots IAS ??? I immediately disconnected the AP and descended back to 29,000 ' . Everything went normal so I re-engaged the AP . The service ceiling of the 777 is well above 32,000' so that wasn't the problem . I glanced around and realized I had not turned on the Pitot heat . I suppose it would be possible to run in to colder air that might freeze the pitot tube but not sure it would show up that quickly and didn't think the FS2004 was sophisticated enough to reflect that type of scenario . Anyhow, much later on with pitot heat on and AP engaged I was able to climb to 32,000 with no problem. Any ideas ???

sorry for the long posts but hard to explain in few words

Kent

Archived