Missing sounds in recently uploaded sound files

dredick

Addit! Pro for FSX reports that these freeware soundsets are missing the listed sounds. Tried Googling for them, but it came up empty.

Can anyone provide assistance as to the missing files?

Reference filename - cv580snz-1.zip - this set is from Skysong Soundworks

Sound Configuration Report for 'Sounds\Allison 501-D13D-H\'

- One or more audio files specified in the sound configuration file are missing:

XCV580A1RIGHT.wav

XCV580A2RIGHT.wav

XCV580A3RIGHT.wav

XCV5801LEFT.wav

CV580GWARN.wav

FKR27OVSPD.wav

Reference filename - baron58snz.zip - this set is from Skysong Soundworks

Sound Configuration Report for 'Sounds\Continental IO-470-L (Beech 58)\'

- One or more audio files specified in the sound configuration file are missing:

Xbaron_prop1b_leftnull.wav

Xbaron_prop1b_rightnull.wav

Baron_prop2a_left.wav

Baron_prop2b_left.wav

Baron_prop2a_right.wav

Baron_prop2b_right.wav

Reference filename - pratt_whitney_r-2800-dc6.zip - this set is from Jon Jefferys.

Sound Configuration Report for 'Sounds\PWR 2800 (DC6)\'

PW28_xprop1.wav

PW28_xprop_rev1.wav

PW28_xprop2.wav

PW28_xprop_rev2.wav

PW28_xprop3.wav

PW28_xprop_rev3.wav

PW28_xprop4.wav

PW28_xprop_rev4.wav

dredick,

I only looked at the CV-580 sound package. There are TYPOS in sound cfg. So, you need to open sound cfg and rename as per below. Then the sounds will be heard.

It is a tedious process. I copied the files you have listed as 'missing' to notepad. Then I open sound cfg. I then 'copy' one (missing) filename, go to sound cfg, click 'File/Find' and 'paste' the (missing) file name in search (Find) window, then click 'Find Next'. When you find it, note the spelling, find the 'X...Left' and note spelling. Change it as per below. Repeat for next 'missing' filename. When done SAVE (sound.cfg). Done.

I did only this one as it's half time (football game), am cooking chilli beans, neighbor want me to help move refrigerator, need to take my 20 minute walk ('Constitutional') and am going to watch the SF 49er play later tonight, so I am TOO BUSY (heehee) to do the other ones now. Here go:

(1). cv580snz-1.zip Aaron Swindle (Skysong Soundworks)

// External,

[COMBUSTION.1.04], filename=XCV580A1RIGHT s/b XCV5801RIGHT

[COMBUSTION.1.05], filename=XCV580A2RIGHT s/b XCV5802RIGHT

[COMBUSTION.1.06], filename=XCV580A3RIGHT s/b XCV5803RIGHT

[JET_WHINE.2.04], filename=XCV5801LEFT s/b XCV580A1LEFT

[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND], filename=CV580GWARN s/b CV580WARN

[OVERSPEED_WARNING_SOUND], filename=FKR27OVSPD s/b CV580OVSPD

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I did only this one as it's half time (football game), am cooking chilli beans.

Chuck B

Napamule

Don't stand near any open flames tonight! Don't want to see on the news tomorrow morning that a house in Salinas blew up! Watching the Niners this afternoon, also. Good find on those sound files.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you are talking about 'gas', well you are close. Aveno. Hehe. I wonder if the OP will come back in to check for info. I expected YOU to have this wrapped up before I got here but I guess you are watching football games too. I'll check the other 2 later on tonight - just for kicks.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Here is the 'scoop' on the other 2 sound zips. The Baron 58 sound cfg is too messed up-I gave up on trying to fix. The PW wav filenames are miss-spelled-just rename. See below.

(2). baron58snz.zip 2012 Aaron Swindle

The LINKS are messed up, unless the 'link=' will automatically 'fall through' to the next

section (which I don't believe it CAN do-but I could be wrong). I did not try to fix.

And the 2 'B58..flutter' wave files are not provided in zip / exe. I did not find in the FS9

or FSX sound folders, so... . Find the R-680 sound zip from Obio and use the 'feather'

wav file from it as sub for 'flutter' wav. Or the default Goose 'feather' wav. Your call.

[PROP.1.00], filename=B58propflutter

[PROP.1.01], filename=B58propflutter

(3). prat_whitney_r-2800-dc6.zip . FS2004/FSX DC-6/6A/6B/6C R-2800 Double Wasp

Prop Sounds. Version 2 10/2013, by Jon Jefferys,

PW28_xprop1.wav //s/b PW28xprop1.wav

PW28_xprop_rev1.wav //s/b PW28xprop_rev1.wav

PW28_xprop2.wav //s/b PW28xprop2.wav

PW28_xprop_rev2.wav //s/b PW28xprop_rev2.wav

PW28_xprop3.wav //s/b PW28xprop3.wav

PW28_xprop_rev3.wav //s/b PW28xprop_rev3.wav

PW28_xprop4.wav //s/b PW28xprop4.wav

PW28_xprop_rev4.wav //s/b PW28xprop_rev4.wav

Chuck B

Napamule

...I wonder if the OP will come back in to check for info.

Chuck B

Napamule

As it happens Chuck, last time I checked this thread (early last night) there were no replies, but checking it this morning find yours.

I thank you for checking these - I actually had found a couple of typo's myself in Aaron's C580 set, but didn't look at it as closely as you did. Your intrepid research on this is MOST appreciated!

dredick,

I saw the '9 am' time on original post, so I figured you would probably be back about the same time the next day. Hey, real life comes first.

I did not try fixing Aaron's Baron sound cfg. He used the default, and made changes, plus removed a couple of things (wind sound). Myself I would just use the default Baron sound for now and go flying and wait for a possible fix. So let us know if what I offered was 'right' or not. Sound is VERY important to me. Makes simming a lot nicer. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

dredick,

I saw the '9 am' time on original post, so I figured you would probably be back about the same time the next day. Hey, real life comes first.

I did not try fixing Aaron's Baron sound cfg. He used the default, and made changes, plus removed a couple of things (wind sound). Myself I would just use the default Baron sound for now and go flying and wait for a possible fix. So let us know if what I offered was 'right' or not. Sound is VERY important to me. Makes simming a lot nicer. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, I like to have the most realistic sounds possible also.

I ended up doing a "merge" of the two sets, swapping out what was missing and replacing it with a default Baron sound.

Archived