777 honolulu to klax

kwash55

I'm currently flying a 777 from Honolulu to KLAX on the last leg of flying to all continental US Capitals , Alaska and Honolulu Hi. I flew the continental US legs in a twin Cessna prop . THE Alaska to Honolulu and KLAX in the 777. Because of the distance and time involved I fly in legs , saving each leg and then going back on the computer to pick up where I left off. I'm cruising at 31,000 with about mach 6.7 airspeed obviously AP is set on . Each time I restart the next leg , I notice that my mach speed has decreased by 200 knots or so and my altimeter has been shut off on the AP. Causing a 300' difference in altitude and a warning from approach control. This happens consistently and initially caught me by surprise until I realized what was happening . The first thing I do now when starting up the new leg is scan the autopilot panel and change the airspeed back to mach 6 or so and turn on the altitude hold. Anyone else experience this problem ? On a different note , I purchased the Saitec rudder , yoke and throttle quardrant and after some initial tweaking it works great . Having about 800 hours of real-time flying Cessna 150s and 172s under my belt this comes as close as you can get to the real thing !!! Very satisfied with the product!!

Kent

I'm currently flying a 777 ...with about mach 6.7 airspeed

Really? Mach 6.7 in a 777?

Hypersonic in a Boeing T7?

That is about 4400 knots at Sea Level.

PHNL to KLAX in about 25 minutes?

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I'm going to ASSume a misplaced decimal point for your MACH speed and yes when I resume a saved flight I have noticed the same. So the first thing I check is the speed setting, the wind direction, and reset my outside view back to Locked Spot.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm cruising at 31,000 with about mach 6.7 airspeed obviously AP is set on.

Kent

Just an operational note here... Mach .67 (I, as well, assume this is what you meant) is far below the capabilities of the Boeing 777. I assume (again) that you are using the stock -300 variant. Mach .67 is sufficient cruise at FL180 (18,000 ft), however as you climb, your Mach # needs to increase. for the -300, the Cruise portion of your flight should look like this:

Below 10,000 ft = 250 kias

Above 10,000 ft = 280 kias (maintain until FL180)

FL180 = Mach 0.67 (maintain until FL240)

FL240 = Mach 0.75 (maintain until FL280)

FL280 = Mach 0.80 (maintain until FL330)

FL330 = Mach .084 (Final Cruise Speed)

So, in your situation, at FL310 your A/T should be engaged and set at Mach .080. At this setting, not only will your aircraft fly faster (making the trip shorter :cool:), it will be more fuel efficient.

Just a tip to make your simulation a touch more enjoyable!

Happy Contrails!

Happy Contrails!

Joey B.

Archived