FSrealWX instruction manual

Double J

I just downloaded the lite version. Have it running , it sets the weather on the ground but it turns from winter to summer as I leave the ground. Anyone have instructions for this or know the proper procedure to get this to hook to FSX? I do have FSUIPC installed.

The website has no info.

I don't know if there is a manual or not. I have that weather program. What airport are you starting from and you do realize it isn't Summer anymore?

LOL CYYC. The temp is set on the ground -11C but at 15000 ft its +25C. Must be doing something wrong.

I just like to know the proper procedure to get the weather synced. I'm just winging it but I don't think I'm doing it right. Searched everywhere for some basic instructions.

I've just initiated a flight between Calgary and Vancouver using FSrealwxlite. On the ground I have -8 degrees C. Just after takeoff it warmed a bit, I see snow on the ground and at 15,000 feet I have 8 degrees C for SAT. 18,000 feet and 6 degrees C.

The Calgary area has just had a recent snowfall according to a Google search. Don't forget about that weird Arctic Blast that's happening.

Calgary area.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've just initiated a flight between Calgary and Vancouver using FSrealwxlite. On the ground I have -8 degrees C. Just after takeoff it warmed a bit, I see snow on the ground and at 15,000 feet I have 8 degrees C for SAT. 18,000 feet and 6 degrees C.

The Calgary area has just had a recent snowfall according to a Google search. Don't forget about that weird Arctic Blast that's happening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]173763[/ATTACH]

I'm in Calgary, it's warming up but it's never 25 degrees at 15000 ft. when it's -5 on the ground. I still don't even know if I'm using this right. What do you set weather to in FSX?

There's 5 tabs in WRX which ones to you use to send the weather to the sim?

EDIT..Tried it again the temp was -4 on the runway and by the time I got to the end of the runway it was +4...lol temperature rises with the speed of the plane...lol Calgary has some wacky weather but that ain't happening. This stuff is worse than default weather.

Double J, I tried FSrealWX for a while but also found that it had a few bugs. I now use FSXWX (http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm) after reading a number of recommendations online. It's also free and has more features than FSrealWX but just seems to work much better for me.

Looked it up and it recommends REX and other stuff. I don't want something to hit FPS just to get the proper temps and precip or no precip.

Double J,

To be perfectly honest, you very well could be experiencing a Temperature Inversion between the Ground and at Altitude; there could be warmer air above the frosty Cold layer beneath.

Like Mr. Zip said, the weather has been very wacky here in North America the last week or so.

To answer a earlier query you posted; I don't think there's any other Instruction for FSRealWx except to click on the 'Load Weather' button... at least, none that I could find.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

There's not a manual. I know this because someone asked on their site and the Admin said there wasn't. Wish there was. I just got Lite as well. I find it's very accurate in some places and ok in others. Better than default however. I have my tablet next to my computer and a weather program running so I can check it's accuracy. I've found it's pretty spot on most of the time. I fly in Alaska a lot and one weird thing is it's always dead accurate in Fort Yukon and Fairbanks. Not so in Anchorage. I don't know proper procedure but what works for me is this-

Start FSRealWX lite and push left most tab which is Start. It goes through a download process and then says waiting on FSX. I launch FSX and set up my flight. While I'm going through my start up procedures it starts downloading the weather stations nearby. By the time I'm done it usually is as well. Don't know if this is technically correct but my weather has been very accurate so far. Hope some of this helps. I fiddle with the other settings very little.

Double J,

To be perfectly honest, you very well could be experiencing a Temperature Inversion between the Ground and at Altitude; there could be warmer air above the frosty Cold layer beneath.

Like Mr. Zip said, the weather has been very wacky here in North America the last week or so.

To answer a earlier query you posted; I don't think there's any other Instruction for FSRealWx except to click on the 'Load Weather' button... at least, none that I could find.

I've lived in Calgary for over 40 years. Yes temperature inversions are normal around here but not 20C in November lol. Or 10 degrees from one end of the runway to the next. I could watch the temps increase as the speed increased down the runway.

There's not a manual. I know this because someone asked on their site and the Admin said there wasn't. Wish there was. I just got Lite as well. I find it's very accurate in some places and ok in others. Better than default however. I have my tablet next to my computer and a weather program running so I can check it's accuracy. I've found it's pretty spot on most of the time. I fly in Alaska a lot and one weird thing is it's always dead accurate in Fort Yukon and Fairbanks. Not so in Anchorage. I don't know proper procedure but what works for me is this-

Start FSRealWX lite and push left most tab which is Start. It goes through a download process and then says waiting on FSX. I launch FSX and set up my flight. While I'm going through my start up procedures it starts downloading the weather stations nearby. By the time I'm done it usually is as well. Don't know if this is technically correct but my weather has been very accurate so far. Hope some of this helps. I fiddle with the other settings very little.

Just got an email from SilloAdmin from FSrealWX. "FSrealWX is no longer supported, use FSrealWXPro".

So if it does have bugs it won't be fixed any longer.

EDIT. Just took off from Vancouver, temp was 6C on the runway which was correct and was 23 C by the time I was 3000 feet above the water. WOW that's an inversion!

using the default 737.....

EDIT.. Just downloaded the "pro edition" it does the same thing . Temperature increase with speed. Difference is with the pro edition you have to pay for it after 20 days.

All this junk is going in the trash bin.

Do try fsxwx, you'll be pleasantly surprised. No install required. No buying anything necessary. Better textures are available as freeware too, and only improve the look but are not required.

(I have to run fsxwx as admin btw.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do try fsxwx, you'll be pleasantly surprised. No install required. No buying anything necessary. Better textures are available as freeware too, and only improve the look but are not required.

(I have to run fsxwx as admin btw.)

Looked at it.... down loaded the client. Says no installation needed? It needed to install itself. Opened it...does nothing. Do you have to download all those folders and install them?

FSX WEATHER.PNG

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/instructions.htm

All I did was the wxstations and wxmapping steps. Then run fsxwx as admin.

From your screenshot it seems to work fine!

I already had the Aime Leclerqe free cloud textures. I did not install anything else.

At first it did not seem to work, atis in fsx did not change, but that changed when I ran fsxwx as admin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already had the Aime Leclerqe free cloud textures. I did not install anything else.

At first it did not seem to work, atis in fsx did not change, but that changed when I ran fsxwx as admin.

I ran it as admin. It did the same thing as FSrealWX temperature was "accurate" on the ground but increased very rapidly as I went down the run way and took off. How are you supposed to set the weather inside of FSX for this to take hold. If you use real time weather in FSX it still downloads from Jeppson. What is "WX Stations"

test CYVR Vancouver to PASI Sitka

ATIS CYVR 0821zulu 00.21local 07/00 3029

temp alt

7C ground

8 --300

9 --600

10 --800

9 --1000

9 --3000

10 --6000

11 --6200

10 --6500

9 --8000

8 --8400

7 --8600

6 --9400

5 --10.100

4 --11.600

3 --11.900

2 --12.300

1 --12.800

0 --13.600

-1 --14.100

-2 --14.300

-3 --14.800

-4 --16.000

-11 --20.000

23.000 cruise level. Temperature varies from -9 to -11.

So, I saw a small inversion near the ground, but then the temp gradually dropped as normal. I don't pay much attention to the temperature normally. I like fsxwx for the cloud formations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

test CYVR Vancouver to PASI Sitka

ATIS CYVR 0821zulu 00.21local 07/00 3029

temp alt

7C ground

8 --300

9 --600

10 --800

9 --1000

9 --3000

10 --6000

11 --6200

10 --6500

9 --8000

8 --8400

7 --8600

6 --9400

5 --10.100

4 --11.600

3 --11.900

2 --12.300

1 --12.800

0 --13.600

-1 --14.100

-2 --14.300

-3 --14.800

-4 --16.000

-11 --20.000

23.000 cruise level. Temperature varies from -9 to -11.

So, I saw a small inversion near the ground, but then the temp gradually dropped as normal. I don't pay much attention to the temperature normally. I like fsxwx for the cloud formations.

What plane are you flying and how are you checking the temps. I installed all the steps and the temps are all over the map when I switch planes.. Funny thing now Jeppson WX is working it seems more realistic than this. -15 at 12000 ft above YYC vs -3 with this engine running.

FSRealwx is working well enough for me. Sorry you couldn't get it to work. I find it has glitches but is much better than the default. And no hit on frame rates. I fly mostly choppers and smaller GA aircraft. Maybe my lower altitudes and slower speeds are making a difference in my and your experience. Good luck on finding what you need and if you run across it and it's cheap let us know! Happy flying and sorry I couldn't help. :-)

I don't change it at all. It usually stays on Fair weather or sometimes I see userdefined. I did an experiment myself. I changed to Missoula, Montana, flew my helicopter around and I got the same issue your currently having. I changed to a airport in TN, my home state and no problems. I changed to where I usually fly in Alaska and none there either. Thing is I flew in Missoula 2 days ago and no issues. Have to wonder if it's how the weather is being reported in certain areas. I know Montana loads and reports several Canadian stations in the mix. Just a thought. I've seen goofier things. Strange it reports correctly in a backwater place like Ft. Yukon, Alaska though if that is the issue. I went to FSRealwx lite because according to the default weather it's has been thunderstorming for the last 8 months in Chattanooga, TN. I can look out my window and see that's a croc. :) So FSRealwx lite isn't perfect but it's better than default and free. Which at the moment is important.

Thanks for posting about these free cloud textures. They are very nice!

Hi dnpaul. Glad you enjoy them, Aime Leclercq made other great textures as well. Google.

DoubleJ, with fsxwx you don't set the weather, you start the flight, go to windowed, click connect in fsxwx, and the weather in fsx is automatically set to user defined.

In fsxwx you can adjust the time of day, and also enter your departure and destination.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived