Woai ?

Lord_Nibbo

Just tried to instal four airlines into WOAI every one of them made all the AI Aircraft in FSX disappear all the addons were downloaded from avsim and all were for FSX. I can't believe all four don't work, do I have a problem elsewhere? the downloads that mess up WOAI or rather FSX are

woa_americanairlines_v4_fsx.zip

woa_jetblueairways_v4_fsx.zip

woa_southwestairlines_v3_fsx.zip

I did suspect the forth download as being the culprit which was woadlhv6.zip but anyone of these four installed and I lose all my AI aircraft.

I know if it's not for fsx this will happen but I'm pretty sure they should be ok.

Any Ideas for a fix?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

eventually there is a FS9-bgl.

If you have installed AIFP2 (or 3) you can search for such bgl's and then convert them to FSX.bgl's. Sometime I have catched such a FS9.bgl with a pretty addon:rolleyes: and all my AI's there vanished.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Followed the instructions that il88pp put a link to, it's still the same :(
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

Download the AI Flight Planner from http://www.stuff4fs.com. When installed, go under Bulk Traffic, and it will find FS9 flight plans and offer to convert them to FSX. It will also find airplanes missing from your traffic files - don't be surprised if you find a LOT of aircraft missing. Read the manual carefully for the other functions it offers.

Jorgen

I'll start with a thank you for everyones help. I tried everything suggested and it didn't work. I did have some success with the Southwest Airlines zip file in that it didn't stop other AI aircraft showing up at my English airports and the Southwest aircraft did show up in Denver International (Flightbeam KDEN/HD) it still wiped out all my previous installed aircraft for KDEN. as for the other files listed in my first post I give up. I've tried and I'll have to make do with what already works. Many thanks to all. :(

even just one fs9 plan in fsx and none of the fsx type traffic plans shows up anymore, only the fs9-plan(s).

Don't worry, all your FSX traffic is still there, just not showing up. The fsx files are unaffected.

If you want to see both the (default) fsx traffic and the woai, you will have to convert the woai files to FSX-format.

You then leave the converted new plans in and remove ALL the fs9 versions.

If you want only woai, just download more woai. The woai airlines only fly to the airports that that airline visits in real life.

Air canada flies mainly in canada, but also does flights to some large european airports. But to see much traffic in australia you must look for different additional packages. (I have 45 woai packages installed now.).

Btw, all the default fsx traffic is contained in one single file.

il88pp.

Lots of info there.

Also three questions for you. Are you using other addon traffic as well? And, what is the filename of that last traffic plan you spoke of? it will make it easier to explain. Oh, also, did you use the woai-installer, or did you try to install it manually?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To answer your last question first, I do use the WOIA installer. As for other traffic I do use Traffic 360. I have about 80-90 WOIA traffic plans installed all work except the ones listed in the first post...

woa_americanairlines_v4_fsx.zip

woa_jetblueairways_v4_fsx.zip

woa_southwestairlines_v3_fsx.zip

woadlhv6.zip.

I also have hundreds of ship AI traffic files installed and know these will disappear if I did have one FS9 file installed. I've just come to a dead end trying to add anymore AI Airline traffic. :(

Did you let AIFP delete the FS9 traffic files?

Jorgen

Yes and no, It asked to put them into a folder I named as "old fs9 files" I even deleted the contents to see if that would work, it didn't.

Wait a minute. Try to restore that folder from the recycle bin if you can.

At first I thought you had only fsx traffic, then installed 4 (or 3, I forget) woai, and therefore saw only those 4 woai. So i expected aifp to find 4 files.

Now you say you were using woai already! That could mean you already had a lot (more than 4) of woai that had fs9 plans! And were already seeing fs9 traffic. Possibly the t360 was fs9 type too, I can't find anywhere if it is.

I hope I didn't make you delete all your traffic!

1. Check the deleted folder. Is there around 4 files in there or many more. I'm hoping 4. Save the folder outside of the fsx folder for now.

2. In the fsx folder temporarily remove the 4 new files. Start fsx. Is your old traffic all there? (same situation as around the time of post 8)

3. You say you were already using woai. Had you converted those packages before?

4. When you did the conversion yesterday, how many fs9 packages did it find when you selected the fsx folder? 4? or many more?

5. I checked the american airlines package, and that plan is fs9. I have not had time to fire up fsx and see if it works, could be some time, busy day.

6. Info. The backup folder aifp creates has the traffic.bgl files in them, but the folder is not called scenery. That way the traffic is disabled. To be active traffic.bgl files have to be in an active \Scenery folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep! It can be a royal pain when you have a lot of traffic_xxx_.bgl files.

I have 877 of 'em, so, getting everything to work took a looooooomg time.

To aid in troubleshooting, I segregated them from FSX, and can enable/disable them via the library. Here's a pic of my arraingement.

Traffic folders.jpg

Create a Traffic folder, and as many subfolders as you think you'll need.

Each of the subfolders must have a Scenery folder inside it to contain the *.bgls

Use the search engine to find all of them. Searching for "traffic" in FSX, and on the drive that contains FSX, should find almost all that you have.

If you have any add-on scenery on a different drive check them too.

In my experience, SOME add-ons DO have traffic files included in their package(s).

Finding and isolating them is important.

Those unknown traffic files were the bane of my FSX. Take your time.

After they are all segregated, you can drill down to troublesom files a lot easier...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Shame the people helping me here don't know if I fixed my problem or not now. :(

Shame the people helping me here don't know if I fixed my problem or not now. :(

It would be easy for you to restate your results without the X%$^XXX! (Expletives)

If you had done the same thing at the "Other Site" you would've had Daveo on your fanny putting you on "Probation", even though I have a prime example of him doing it on another open forum.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ah! the difference from American and Queens English...... what you see as ok to say offends many other countries, your liberal use of Fanny for instance may be ok for Americans to use but many this side of the Atlantic many people find it more an offensive than the word I was actually referring to.... and remember I didn't actually use the four letter word ... Anyway no more to say on the subject... case closed.

Wouldn't removing the offensive language and let the message stand been more apt? Rather heavy handed, I would say.

I suggest the mods have better things to do than picking out offensive words. Posters should know better than to use them here - whatever their reasons.

Archived