What would be an average FPS for my system?

Speedbird ATC

Well it all depends upon whom you ask. I'm quite content with 30FPS, since I don't detect any jitters or movement at that speed. Of course my eyes are old. We used to be quite happy watching 8mm home movies at 16FPS. And yes, that was sometimes a little jerky, when using the zoom lens. But soon they raised home movies to 20+ & I haven't been able to see any jitters at all since.

But flybynumers claims 250. He used to claim 1,000 but now says that was bare bones on sliders and scenery. I don't believe either one. But then again my monitors are only 60 cycles in the first place.

Unless you have some super-duper high speed monitor, I'd say 60FPS is your limit, not that I expect you to ever reach it.

Why worry? Your eyes can't detect an issue at that speed anyway.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

There are too many factors which go into frame rate performance than you have provided.

FSX is CPU dependent. Run your Windows Experience Index test with no internet activity and no apps running. In the low 7s is a moderately above average system for FSX.

Depending on many factors you have not provided, A carefully CFG tweaked FSX may give you close to consistent 30 frames tops with a EI around 7.2. Again, depending on your settings, add-ons and tweaks, you may get much lower than this.

30 frames is video tape quality and nothing to sneeze at.

-Pv

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

There's your answer. You get the frames you get depending on your choices and skill. There is no hard number. It's *possible* to get a failly consistent 30 frames which will go up and down a bit when locked, or with bad choices you may get 8.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

In a plane like the PMDG 777, at an airport like UK2000 heathrow, with full ai, how many FPS should I be getting with my system?

I have a core i5 3.3ghz, 8GB RAM, 2GB nvidia GT630 card, windows 8.1 and I get 35-45fps with the default 737 with the scenery and autogen sliders set to dense when the plane is at LAX. This is with Mytraffic X 2013 set at around 40%. I'm also using rex 2.0 and ENB series. I have car and airport vehicle traffic turned off. I also use the highmemfix=1 tweak and another fsx.cfg tweak thats supposed to make fsx use more cores (can't remember what that tweak is).

Archived