Best program for designing a 50' boat cruiser

mepdraft

Lately, I have been cruising the waterways on FSX with the "Gemini94 Luxury yacht" from Deltasim.

But what I really would want to do is cruise the waterways in my own boat.

If I already have a 3D AutoCAD drawing of my dream boat, am I better to use Gmax, or is it still easier to do it on FSDS?

Michel E Paquette

Thank you.

After starting the thread, I started playing around with Gmax that I found in the SDK folder.

After a few day of going thru some of the tutorials and a few experiments, I decide to begin my project. Although I have not mastered the art of 3D solid modeling in AutoCAD, I do have another 3D modeling program that exports solids in DXF format and then I can import into Gmax.

Up to now, it's progressing pretty good. It looks like most detail will be imported, except for the outer shell of the boat. This, because of my inability to work 3D solids in AutoCAD, and the inability for my other program to form the complex uneven forms of the shell,

But yesterday I have managed to build the "deadwood" (main keel containing the shaft)by creating a box with many segments and working the vertex.

Archived