Digital indicators disappear in FSX

Mitchell Gant

I am having an issue with the digital indicators in FSX. It has happened several times in recent years and I have previously had to uninstall, then reinstall everything. But, I'm getting seriously frustrated with having to do that.

The problem I encounter is that for no apparent reason the digital indicator gauges will disappear. Without these gauges, I cannot proceed with a plight plan, as ATC will not give me an IFR. The missing gauges affect all aircraft, except payware, so I am assuming that it is a GLOBAL FSX program issue. I've attached a couple of panel images to show the issue at hand.

I would be most grateful for if someone could provide a remedy to this issue so I can fix FSX without having to go through the harrang of a full uninstall/reinstall.

Many thanks,

MG

Airbus 321.jpgDash8-100.jpgEmbrier190.jpg

Do you always start your free flight from the active runway? Are you finding that most of the time this works or is it just once in a while it disappears like this?
Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Hi Mitchell.

By looking at your first pic, it looks like you may not have the Power / Engine on. If you load your aircraft after another Non MS / standard acft. this could happen.

Try to Save and Load the Flight with the instruments that are miss behaving, or load the acft after a standard MS acft was just loaded. You can also try to go in 2D, or VC, and Auto start your Engine, and turn on any instruments if they have switches for Power on

/ Avionics. TV

Hi Mitchell.

By looking at your first pic, it looks like you may not have the Power / Engine on.

That is what I was getting at. But I thought maybe it was too obvious and wanted to make sure.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

:D

Hi Mitchell.

By looking at your first pic, it looks like you may not have the Power / Engine on. If you load your aircraft after another Non MS / standard acft. this could happen.

Try to Save and Load the Flight with the instruments that are miss behaving, or load the acft after a standard MS acft was just loaded. You can also try to go in 2D, or VC, and Auto start your Engine, and turn on any instruments if they have switches for Power on

/ Avionics. TV

Boy! Do I ever feel like a dummy! It was as simple as the engines not running that remedied the problem. I could not tell by looking at a jet that the engines weren't running. I fired the engines up and all the lights in the panel came on. Imagine that!

Thanks ever so much for saving me hours of reinstalling.

Warm regards to all.

Archived