ILS Missing from Heathrow after Uploading Aerosoft

geordiehustler

Hi

Cant find any consistent answer to this problem but after uploading Aerosoft Heathrow mega scenery, on my approach to 9L at Heathrow I could not pick up ILS even though it worked fine before I added the scenery. Also uploaded Traffic X at the same time.

Any ideas?

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

From the flight planner it was exactly the same 110.30. Is there another place I can check? tried to search problem on net and I believe there is an issue, some people saying to download adcap file (which I don't understand) and others saying to remove egll files from the scenery folder but the files they mention are not in my folder. it may be linked to Traffic X apparantly
Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

This seems to be the answer from the Aerosoft forum.

I have discovered the problem. There seems to be a conflict with the Airport Facility file with Traffic X for Gatwick (EGKK). I have renamed the file AFX_EGKK.BGL in the Traffic X Airport Facilities folder to .BGX and all is now well, my ILS's work OK. As I also have the UK2000 Gatwick Extreme scenery I don't need this BGL file to be active.

It looks like the file that needs the extension change is in the Traffic X folder!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

ah ok. Ive found that file but that is Gatwick. Does that mean I need to change AFX_EGLL.BGL which is heathrow?

ah ok. Ive found that file but that is Gatwick. Does that mean I need to change AFX_EGLL.BGL which is heathrow?

Change the one it says. AFX_EGKK.BGL to AFX_EGKK.BGX

I guess Gatwick is causing interference.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Change the one it says. AFX_EGKK.BGL to AFX_EGKK.BGX

I guess Gatwick is causing interference.

Just to let you know that changing the Gatwick file did sort the problem. Thanks for your help

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up this old thread but wondering if Mr Zippy or anyone could help. Totally baffled on this one.

I was using Aerosoft Heathrow X but decided to uninstall it due to lowering of FPS and other glitches. I uninstalled it from the default Uninstall feature on windows 7.

I then changed the file back in Traffic X folder from AFX_EGKK.BGX to AFX_EGKK.BGL which was the Gatwick file causing the ILS problem at heathrow.

Problem is now that when landing at all runways at Heathrow and Gatwick the Horizontal ILS needle works but not the vertical needle. It just stays centred so I cant tell if Im above or below the glideslope. Ive checked other Airports and both ILS needles are working fine.

I have a feeling the heathrow X program may have left some files somewhere but I haven't got a clue where to find the problem

Archived