FS2004 Super Viking into FSX?

skidmarkz

Hello all, new member here. I did a search but did not get a specific result, so here is my question; I purchased the Lionheart creations Bellanca Super Viking package for FS2004 (FSX not available)from the PilotShop on this site and am trying to install it in FSX. I unzipped the file and ran the .exe file and saved the files to my desktop. The following folders appeared; Aircraft, Effects, Gauges, Scenery, and a Lionheart documentation folder. My understanding of FSX file manipulation is pretty basic so please forgive my noobieness. I copied the contents of the viking aircraft folder into FSX.sim objects>aircraft. I then copied the ST Bellanca.cab file into FSX's gauge folder. The aircraft doesnt show when I restart FSX. Do I need to also place the viking scenery and effects folders somewhere as well? Alter the .cfg file?

TIA,

J

Sometimes FS2004 aircraft work well in FSX and sometimes not. It's a crapshoot at best. Any effects should be copied into FSX/Effects folder. Check to make sure their is a panel folder with various panel info inside. I would suspect that it does not alias any other aircraft panels.

Another thought is if this aircraft has several different models, like Model A, Model B, etc. They may be in different aircraft folders. Make sure to install all of them to FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes because 1 model will have the full panel while the others may have the alias.cfg.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, mrzippy that was exactly it. I was trying to just install the non turbo viking but the turbo viking folder had all of the referenced goodies in it. Threw that in the airplane folder in fsx and it popped up! The only oddity is that the knobs for the obs, baro, hdg bug don't work

in vc view but do work in 2d view. May be as you said hit or miss in the migration of fs9 to fsx.

Archived