FSX not properly calibrating CH yoke

alhefner

I just got my CH flight yoke, basic model, and only had time to hook it up and look through a few things before going to work. One thing I noticed is that when I try to calibrate the x&y axis, the elevator axis never properly calibrates. It shows to be high of center.

So, is there some trick to getting the CH yoke properly calibrated and aligned? Will the elevator trim wheel affect that and should I do something with it to correct things?

Thanks folks!

I just got my CH flight yoke, basic model, and only had time to hook it up and look through a few things before going to work. One thing I noticed is that when I try to calibrate the x&y axis, the elevator axis never properly calibrates. It shows to be high of center.

So, is there some trick to getting the CH yoke properly calibrated and aligned? Will the elevator trim wheel affect that and should I do something with it to correct things?

Thanks folks!

What is your purpose in double posting the same issue in 2 forums?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks!

The trim wheel is for that function, NOT for use in-sim.

Also, make sure to scroll down in the control assignment window in-sim - by default A CH lever is applied to rudder control.

Push it full forward for take off - aircraft scoots off left!

Hey al,

I have the CH yoke and am just using the default Windows software. I haven't done any calibration in a long time and everything has been working fine. I did paint a white dot on the mechanical pitch trim control so I could see if it was centered prior to any calibration or general use. As I read your post I did check the settings in the control panel. With the trim all the way up I get this:

Trimup.JPG

And with the trim down:

TrimDown.JPG

Hope this helps.

Jim F.

That is the worst possible way to calibrate things.

May be true for the yoke, but the throttle quad I have needed the CH control manager to properly calibrate it. At least on my system.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

May be true for the yoke, but the throttle quad I have needed the CH control manager to properly calibrate it. At least on my system.

Better yet would be to use the paid version of FSUIPC.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Archived