I have had it with fsx crashes

Captain Sam.

I used to have random FSX crashes, until I read in another forum that there are two versions of Uiautomationcore.dll - the later one is not considered reliable. I had the later one, but found the earlier one by Googling. The early one goes back to XP/Vista days and is apparently more compatible with FSX. Since installing it I have not had a single crash!

I used to have random FSX crashes, until I read in another forum that there are two versions of Uiautomationcore.dll - the later one is not considered reliable. I had the later one, but found the earlier one by Googling. The early one goes back to XP/Vista days and is apparently more compatible with FSX. Since installing it I have not had a single crash!

I had the same issue. Once I installed the previous version I have been error and crash free for the longest time; ever.

I also read once, a tip to let the plane in your start up free flight window rotate a few times. Sounds crazy, but since I have been doing this FSX seems to load smoother/quicker when I click Fly Now.

So now my process is to fire FSX up and walk away for a few minutes, come back and fly.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

Ok...

I check the log every crash and it's the Uiautomationcore. Also, I'm running win 8.1 finally, my computer says its max speed is 2.7, but I can go to 3.7. The version is the early version.

Please help me.

Have you tried both versions?

UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It is probably a Scenery and not FSX or the UI AutomationCore per se.

Cheers,

BTW, I have version 18000 on Win 7. Today I flew Sydney to Darwin to Singapore to Bangkok to Bombay to Karachi to Tehran cruising at x16 one after the other one. I left Tehran to Rome for tomorrow. Other than airports I do not have sceneries except FSX.

I had the same issue. Once I installed the previous version I have been error and crash free for the longest time; ever.

I also read once, a tip to let the plane in your start up free flight window rotate a few times. Sounds crazy, but since I have been doing this FSX seems to load smoother/quicker when I click Fly Now.

So now my process is to fire FSX up and walk away for a few minutes, come back and fly.

It's probably loading faster/quicker because it loads your selected aircraft + location in the background even though you haven't clicked Fly Now yet. The time clicking immediately then waiting, versus waiting then clicking later is likely to be exactly the same as the program has to load the same information.

I run FSX under Windows 8.1 with 8 GB of RAM in the system. Before I installed FSX I read this forum (and others) carefully for installation and other issues, but had already decided to install FSX on a separate hard drive. This I did, and, following the advice I read, dropped the uiautomationcore.dll version 18000 in my FSX folder.

I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A SINGLE CRASH!!!

I have a ton of freeware addons, both scenery and aircraft. The only payware addons are UTX and GEX. In spite of the processor being an i3 running at 3.3 GHz, the graphics card a nVidia GT 640 and the hard drives only 5400 rpm, the system runs FSX fine.

There's absolutely no reason to go to FS9, FSX will run fine. But, if your system, both hardware and OS, is not absolutely stable to begin with, you will of course have problems.

Jorgen

Jorge,

I only have one hard drive so i really don't have any other option. The Uiautomationcore.dll fix used to work with the stock aircraft, but now that i started using payware, the Uiautomationcore.dll does not work for ANY aircraft. I really want to be able to land.

I loaded about $100 worth of a famous scenery and a freeware NYC scenery from this library and then my FSX started CTD and if not that OOM.....for two days....I am not computer good at all ...so finally I deleted the payware scenery and the NYC freeware scenery and I am having a lovely flight of no interruptions from KJFK to KDFW with my favorite aircraft the PMDG 777 and in the descent from FL390..into the DFW area....I only know before I deleted what I just said...the whole FSX did not load for very long....Oh well....I am now thinking if ya get FSX working ....don't....screw with it like I do...LOL...al v

Archived