Cant restore FSX after i minimize it.

gav15

Hi everyone,

I am facing a big problem with FSX and it's ruining my experience.

Whenever i am 15 minutes into a flight and i minimize FSX , i cant restore the screen , i click on the FSX icon and i can hear the aircraft sounds and when i press ESC i can see the three options but i cant see the plane itself.

I have also tried pressing ALT + ENTER to change FSX to full screen mode (i play on windowed mode) but FSX just crashes...

1ab0354d74c56d1ef000a425c30f5b36.png

Here is the error log of the crash , but it only crashes when pressing ALT +Enter, the main solution im looking for is why isnt FSX restoring from minimized?

Intel Core i7 - 4790k @ 4.00 ghz (cooled with Hyper evo 212), 8 GB DDR3 1600mhz ram , NVidia GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 , 3TB 6gbps HDD , EVEGA 850W power supply.

Windows 7? I have the same issue, except the crash part. Here's what I do:

Ctrl+alt+del, then select task manager. Select FSX and "switch to". Brings the sim back every time, then I just unpause it.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

In addition you may want to experiment with the 'pause on task switch' within FSX, if it's checked, uncheck it. I it's unchecked, check it. It ma simply be your system is struggling with that function and Simconnect crashes as a result.

The other thing worth checking is that the error code is nearly always related to sim1.dll problems and those are mostly caused by an individual addon. You will need to go through your addons one at a time until you find the culprit.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?278486-FSX-Constantly-Crashing-(-NET-Framework-HRESULT-0xC000014B)

Windows 7? I have the same issue, except the crash part. Here's what I do:

Ctrl+alt+del, then select task manager. Select FSX and "switch to". Brings the sim back every time, then I just unpause it.

I click "Bring to Front" when I right-click fsx in Task Manager. That's how I do it.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

I click "Bring to Front" when I right-click fsx in Task Manager. That's how I do it.

This works sometimes for me but i dont pause FSX as i fly on VATSIM

sometimes it doesn't work at all with both 'switch to' and 'bring to front' , thats where i get stuck

Intel Core i7 - 4790k @ 4.00 ghz (cooled with Hyper evo 212), 8 GB DDR3 1600mhz ram , NVidia GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 , 3TB 6gbps HDD , EVEGA 850W power supply.

What works best for me is before I minimize I go to the "View menu" and uncheck the full screen. Then minimize. When you want to return FSX, click on the FSX icon. Go to the "View Menu" and click on "Full Screen" Your back in business...

SkyMan

on the other hand, I just tried the above recommendation from VIP Kingnorris "Ctrl+alt+del, then select task manager. Select FSX and "switch to". This is a lot faster then my suggestion...

Thanks

Skyman

sometimes this doesn't work :(

im 1 hour into a flight and minimize but cant go back in , so i try the 'bring in front' and 'switch to' on task manager but still no luck :( i can hear the aircraft sounds but just cant see anything...

Here's a temporary solution. When you have the black screen with sound. The menu will still work, but be invisible.

Press >Alt

Press >f

Press >s

Then you get the save dialog box. You can save the flight, close fsx (escape key), restart fsx, and load the saved flight to continue your flight.

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The way I 'handle' this problem when I hit 'Alt+Enter' and am unable to go back to full screen is to hit 'Alt+Enter' again (the window will be black), minimize with '-' (above right), then click on minimize FSX (bottom) and hit 'P' to un-pause. That is all I can do and will now have to fly in 'windowed' mode. Or exit FSX and reload it. But that does not always work. It is like a 'memory leak' thing.

This 'problem' mostly happens when I have my webcam running (as a 'security' cam pointed outside) in motion detection mode and minimized. So if you have graphics intense programs running, that might be what is preventing full screen when you press 'Alt+Enter'.

But, I can have Fraps running and minimized, with 2 aircraft cfg's, 2 air files, SimObjects folder, an unfinished FreeCell game, FireFox (internet), all open (but minimized) and don't have any problem switching back and forth with 'Alt+Enter'. So it's my webcam software that is not allowing the switching, not Windows or FSX. OK? OK!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I run FSX in full screen mode and the following works every time: when I want to get back to FSX, I hit Alt+Tab, (that's when I also hear the engines) and hit Enter. Then I Alt+Tab to any other program running and then Alt+Tab back to FSX and hit Enter. This way I get back to FSX.

I run FSX in full screen mode and the following works every time: when I want to get back to FSX, I hit Alt+Tab, (that's when I also hear the engines) and hit Enter. Then I Alt+Tab to any other program running and then Alt+Tab back to FSX and hit Enter. This way I get back to FSX.

Tried this numerous of times and still doesn't work :(

its impossible to play FSX with this issue because i have to minimize sometimes.

Is this problem because of my PC specs? Just built this computer a few weeks ago...

The addons i use are REX Overdrive , UK Extreme EGLL,EGKK,EGNM , UTX Europe , GEX Europe.

Archived