Need Abacus Airport & Scenery Designer for FS5.1

flightnerd86

• 5 months later...

I have it. Did you manage to get Apollo Collection 3: Great Airlines? That is one I've been trying to get to complete my collection.

Although not FS5, do you have the Pilot in Command 767 for FS2000?

Can anyone help me out with this? I can do a lot with scbuild but I would like to have the old ASD for FS5/95. Have a lot of stuff to offer in return. :cool:

Hi, I don't think I have, but I have several CD's with FS5.1 utilities, so I will check

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, flightnerd86 said:

Can anyone help me out with this? I can do a lot with scbuild but I would like to have the old ASD for FS5/95. Have a lot of stuff to offer in return. 🆒

There are some scenery designer programs available in the Abacus "Pilot's Shop" available here:

https://archive.org/details/pilots-shop-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-aircraft-scenery-utilities-usa-rev-1

I don't know whether any of them useful, but they include:

Scenery Assembler -This tool creates "scenery files" which are then used by Flight Simulator to display visual elements (buildings, waters, grass, runways, etc.) and navigational aids for a geographic area.

BGLGEN Scenery Generator -Like the Scenery Assembler, this tool also creates "scenery files" for Flight Simulator to display visual elements and navigational aids during flight.

Visual Object Designer - This tools lets you build scenery from a predefined set of objects.

Airport - This DOS program lets you build scenery from a set of predefined objects. You build a scene by selecting an object and moving it to a location on the screen that represents a geographical coordinate.

Synthetic Scenery Generation - SYNGEN (SYNthetic Scenery GENerator) is a utility for FS5 that produces synthetic scenery "tiles." FS5 users are familiar with these tiles if they fly around with Ground Texture activated. The Earth is covered with fields, cities, mountains, desert, etc.  If one knows the code, FS5 will place these stock textures just about anywhere one chooses.  This utility allows one to place scenery tiles with an easy-to-use interface.

Runway - This utility is for those of us who find most scenery compilers too difficult.  It creates runways, taxiways, navaids, buildings and static planes wherever you specify.  Simply enter the parameters for placement, size, etc and the program creates small BGL files.