RW12 Object Placer Question

Qballbandit

Hello,

Please forgive me, as it's been years since I've messed with this. I wanted to add some buildings to a route where the cargo ramp is pretty bare.

Way back, I thought I was able to use the RW12 Object Placer and select through all of the default FS9 objects. I remember seeing all the airport building structures, etc. I have since upgraded computers, and OS's.

I can open the Object Placer without issue, and have a few selections to wee through, though not able to see all the default stuff. Is there a way to get default objects back to the "Category" drop down box? Am I way off base, and this utility wasn't the correct one to view and help place these items?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Neil

I've not actually used RWY12 for placement, though it will do what you want.

Read through the included tutorials, FAQ's etc. and ensure you have all the associated software also installed (FSUIPC, MSXML4 etc.)

If you're using W10, these older programs will often not work if installed in the default "Program Files" folder, better make a separate directory C:\FS_Utils (or similar) and install them there.

Another option maybe to use SceneGenX (my utility of choice) ... it does much the same job but with a few extra bells and whistles ;)

Airport Design Editor https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/ is a currently supported utility with much the same functionality, but I've not used that either.

Good luck :)

I do have the software installed. I'll have a look at the other options you mentioned.

None of my stuff is ever NOT in a hand made directory.

Thanks Chris!

Neil

edit: can't get any of the ScruffyDuck download links to respond and start a download.

Edited by Qballbandit

I'm good now Chris, thanks. I found my "missing link" when running a flight yesterday. It's the "ABACUS" tab when hitting "ALT" on my keyboard. Let's me start EZScenery up and everything I thought I was missing is now available again. All of my object placement options and functionality is back.

Appreciate your replies very much. :)

Neil