Windows 11 Installation Success

Ray Hff

After several failed attempts, I was able to install a boxed version of FSX Gold and Acceleration on a new Windows 11 PC.

The key step was clicking on search and the typing in "Run" then selecting "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows". Then running the setup on Disk 1. Follow the prompts. That took care of the first 2 disks.

Then, closing everything, install the Acceleration disk the same way.

PS I did not time the installation; but it took a very long time as I was using an outboard CD reader.

Edited by Ray Hff
added last line

How would you compare Win 10 vs. Win 11 performance-wise? And user-friendly-wise?

Jorgen

I don't know.

I went from Windows 10 on a 9-year-old computer to one that's state of the art with Windows 11.

It's absolutely excellent, exceeded all my expectations; but that's not a fair comparison.

As far as user friendly, there's things I had to learn; but a bit of reading goes a long way. The transition was easier than most operating system transitions I've been through.

My win10 tells me my rig doesnt meet the stsndards for Win11 would love to have it tho!! Esp if there were any performance improvements?? Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs