Fs 2020 locks up at installation manager

Hi all,

You have probably heard of this issue previously, I have when trying to solve the problem searching hi and lo. I have played the sim for 18 months without issue, played couple of hours one morning, came to play later same day, locked on Installation Manager - checking for updates. tried many so called solutions without success. I am now desperate, Can anyone help me to get back in the sky? Please :cool:

I can try, but you did not tell us what you have tried already :)

I would suggest signing out of MS Store, reboot, go back into MS Store, sign in, then try to launch MSFS

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thank you David for speedy reply. I have followed your instructions, sadly did not solve the problem. I have set game as Administrator, set FPS, moved Community file to different location, temporary. Checked status of Firewall, FS 2020 is allowed. Stopped programs running in background. Started game from root folder and not shortcut. There may be more, and forgotten.