Is There Any Way To Save Your Flight So That It Appears Exactly How You Left It?

So when I pull up to a gate after a flight and shut the plane down and then save it when I come back to it the next day or so the plane is up and running.Am I doing something wrong or does the Save Flight not work correctly yet?

Try to save the flight the same title every time. I do this with this sim and I've always done that with FSX. It will override what you saved before and update aircraft status and position and all the other data at that moment.

I believe the answer to your Q is NO!

I have been disappointed in the save flight function since Day One. In the first place, it doesn't save all the parameters: clouds are missing, the AP settings are undone and the flight plan is usually (but not always) nowhere to be found; even if the waypoints show up in your NavLog, they are usually missing from the panel, and have to be reentered manually (if you know how to do that! Have I ever mentioned there's NO MANUAL?!) Also, if you've altered any flight conditions in a preset and subsequently save a flight, when you load the saved flight, your changes will be undone. That is, you'll be back to the original preset. And you can't change it!

Most annoying: the time function is often not preserved. So let's say you're flying in the Grand Canyon in late afternoon, and Save. When you load the saved file, it may be the dead of night. And you can't change it!

Someone here once suggested that you save your flight at the outset as a .PLN file, with a .FLT file of the same name; he or she thought that subsequent changes in the .FLT file would be preserved. Didn't work for me.

It's incredible that you can't change the weather, time, etc., in a saved flight. Seems to me this should be easy to fix, but I guess not.

This is the one reason why I still don't do much in MSFS apart from a bit of GA sightseeing and am a bit reluctant to part with £69 for the PMDG 737. If I can't do a longer flight and reliably resume it then what's the point?
Vern.