Distance to Other Flyers

I agree it would be quite useful, but it would mean more clutter in the skies.

A few weeks ago while taking off from Leeds/Bradford in the Eurofighter Typhoon, I spotted a game tag which was clearly an amateur radio callsign. I headed off after it for a bit of fun. It was further away than I thought but it still didn’t take me too long to catch up. More info with the game tag would have helped of course. I slowed down as I approached him & flew past, waving my wings.. then headed back.

A bit later on I received an email from the pilot (he had looked up my callsign) asking if he had eyeballed me in the virtual skies LOL.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

... I sometimes use the VFR Map from the Toolbar and zoom out to try to find a flyers location.....Crash

But you seem to have a pretty good dog there in your avatar; get him onto the job. :-)

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I too would like the distance to other fliers to be displayed, and also maybe an adjustable setting to turn off those further away. I will make a suggestion on the MSFS forum. Cheers.

Good idea Frank! :cool:

But you seem to have a pretty good dog there in your avatar; get him onto the job. :-)

Sorry to say that my dog in the avatar had to be euthanized 3 years ago due to Lymphoma. It put a hole in my heart that can never heal. I think about my "Missy" everyday.

missy.jpg

.....Crash

Edited by CrashCargo

Sorry to say that my dog in the avatar had to be euthanized 3 years ago due to Lymphoma. It put a hole in my heart that can never heal. I think about my "Missy" everyday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230039[/ATTACH]

.....Crash

That is the only downside to having a dog; you have to say goodbye one day.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.