Biggest Slowdowns in loading add-ons???

Having a community folder really quite full, mixture of airports, planes and various electronic add-ons I wonder if pilots have any insight into add-ons that they have found really slowed the landing time when starting up the program.

I have had a few CTDs lately and then of course by doing SAFE mode startup I can see the big difference between the safe mode and normal mode.

Sometimes I only see the slowdown after programming a particular IFR flight and then the load up takes so long I have to go and make a coffee.

Just interested to hear if anyone has done some COMMUNITY cleanup and found particular add-ons which are really slowing the startup.

John

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I did a little experiment a few days ago.

Instead of firing up the sim soon after booting up the pc I waited until the hard drive activity light had gone quiet. The sim booted up a lot quicker.

That said it's not a fast startup by any stretch. Something we have to live with.

As you say, chill out and get a brew while you're waiting.

I haven't noticed any addon in particular which causes this. These things normally get picked up quickly by the downloaders.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thx for your input. John

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.