Saving Multiple Aircraft in One Airport?

I was wondering if there is a way to create and save a flight in which several of my aircraft can be saved at the same time. In other words, I would like to create, let's say, a cargo area at an airport and includes some of my downloaded aircraft parked in that area permanently so they would appear whenever I fly into that airport. If not, this would sure be a great little program for someone to develop! Thanks for any assistance provided.

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Hmm, interesting!!!

Kinda sorta like a place to park your collection, your museum? A Spitfire beside your EC-135 Eurocopter, and Lockheed Constellation behind them? Along with 50 other flyable planes?

My first thought is "that would be totally cool!!!".

My second thought is "man that's gonna kill the framerates and add stutters!!"

Why? Because you are talking about putting a whole bunch of high detail flyable planes all in view of each other. That's an insane lot of polygons. And a huge amount of textures. If you fly a 180degree turn from none of these being seen, to seeing ALL of them, I bet you'd go from 50 frames per second, to 4 seconds per frame...

Sorry, no idea how to do that... but I wish you well in your quest to challenge the power of your PC !!

And because if someone ever figured out how to do that well, it would be very cool!

I suspect the key would be for all the developers, or at least many of them, to include LOD's, that is, Level Of Detail. So the highest closeup might have 150,000 polys, and 8k textures. And maybe at the middle LOD, say level 5, it might be 5000 polys, with 1024x1024 textures, while the lowest LOD 9 might be 15 polygons, with 16 colors on a tiny bitmap. The closer you are, the higher the LOD, the further you are, the lower the LOD, so that your computer doesn't burst into flames trying to render 50 aircraft with super insane detail all at the same time in the same view.

So the trick for this, would be for MS/Asobo to include a script for having so many high detail planes in close proximity, that chooses lower LOD settings for this special situation.

See, when you have a whole bunch of AI aircraft at your super busy airport, those are often purpose-made AI models that have lots of LOD's for them, but even the highest detail ones are well short of the flyable planes. This allows decent computers to have lots of nice AI planes populating your skies and airports, but without causing a huge penalty in rendering it all.

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't really thought about the graphics aspect...Maybe someone could come up with a placement program utilizing only static AI models for placement that would not be as punishing to the computer...I too think it would be cool!

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

There is a program that will allow you to set your selected aircraft where ever you wish. The program is called "Where Are My Aircraft" or WAMA for short. The program runs on FSX, FSX-SE, P3D and I just noticed there's a "prototype" in development for MSFS 2020. Here's a link:

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

You might give that a try.. It works super in FSX-SE..

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro