Airport Design Editor (ADE) question?

blpilot43

Greetings Flyers...

I am trying to add / extend ramp to Panama Tocumen MPTO for terminal expansion. Auto Gen (trees and plants) are removed, but I'm not getting an evenly flat surface in the new polygons.

I executed the following procedure: (ADE 176.6715)

Airport Background

Flatten Mass Class Map Exclude AutoGen

Alt 144.9

Been awhile since I've done one of these.

I appreciate any advice on this... Thanks!

Bob

Airport Background

Flatten Mass Class Map Exclude AutoGen

Looks OK to me. (It's Mask Class Map, but surely that's a typo)

Just make sure you're compiling to an active scenery folder, for testing you better make this folder topmost (in Scenery Library Editor).

You should see FSX "rebuilding scenery library" on startup.

And make sure you have no older (and maybe incorrect) BGL versions wandering around for this airport.

ADE 176.6715

I'm at v01.78.798, but that can't be the reason for the malfunction.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I'm not sure if the produced BGL will flatten third party mesh. If you do have third party mesh, then perhaps this could be your issue?

It would be a battle over BGL/scenery hierarchy for lack of the right term.

The other possibility of error may lie in the SDK source files, or your particular Sim environment, i.e., all of its add-ons and what not. A temporary "safe mode" of sorts can be achieved with the fantastic program Scenery Config Editor found at SourceForge.

I use this program to turn off huge add-ons so they don't render when I don't fly there to reduce the likelihood of a VAS crash to desktop. New York in this case is a perfect example. If I fly to NY I turn that add-on on and a lot of other add-ons off. If not, I'll get a CTD upon flying into the area. It's because the Sim loads EVERYTHING no matter if you fly there or not. Refer to my Sig. below from PMDG. Anyway...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot
"Cornpop", said I had to edit my post...

Looks OK to me. (It's Mask Class Map, but surely that's a typo)

Just make sure you're compiling to an active scenery folder, for testing you better make this folder topmost (in Scenery Library Editor).

You should see FSX "rebuilding scenery library" on startup.

And make sure you have no older (and maybe incorrect) BGL versions wandering around for this airport.

I'm at v01.78.798, but that can't be the reason for the malfunction.

Wim

Auto Gen (trees and plants) are removed, but I'm not getting an evenly flat surface in the new polygons.

It appears he's using an active folder.

OP, which active directory are you using anyway?

I'm not sure if the produced BGL will flatten third party mesh. If you do have third party mesh, then perhaps this could be your issue?

It would be a battle over BGL/scenery hierarchy for lack of the right term.

Mesh is mesh, no matter if it's default, freeware or payware.

If one places a flatten BGL in the TOPMOST active scenery folder (as was in my reply), it'll flatten everything.

Wim

Edited by Nels_Anderson
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 months later...
I did finally get it all together. I believe my issue was two-fold in that I had already done some updating on MPTO before, and my error was attaching more ramp to the existing ramp but was considerably off on the land altitude which threw me off approx 10-15 feet. I simply deleted ALL ramp / tarmac and re-drew the updated current tarmac layout. Looks awesome now. Thank you for your input and advice! Bob