Looking for a specific addon as I rebuild my virtual fleet after a multi-year hiatus.

Tristar35

Hello! hello!

It certainly feels as though it has been forever since I browsed this very site. Back then, I was still grinding away in high-school, and now I am about to wrap up my academia phase of life.

Anyways! Without waxing too much nostalgia, I wanted to ask if anyone happens to have the Aviation Link SkySpirit 777 addon for FS9? I used to have a copy of it many years back, but I cleared out many of my flightsim addons during my hiatus, and ended up deleting it in the process. The site FS2000.org used to have it on hand, but has now seemingly stopped providing a download link to file. If anyone happens to know where I could find it, or perhaps even add it to the flightsim.com file library, I would be much appreciative as this addon was special in that I recall it also coming with its own special sound files for the birds RR Trent engines. Screenshot (209).png

Adding this on as a small FYI and helpful tip for anyone who may have wanted to use the addon which I was looking for in my original post.

After loading up the Aviation Link 777 addon up in fs9, I have discovered that the .air or.mdl file is potentially exclusive to FSX only, and thus will not allow the addon to work at all in fs9.

I was able to work around this problem by downloading the Air Canada SkySpirit 777-223LR addon, and then adding the textures from the Aviation Link addon to the Air Canada one as one would normally do when adding new textures to an aircraft. Do this then allows the textures to load onto the Air Canada addon, which is effectively the same aircraft but fully compatible with fs9.

Do note that the Air Canada 777 Skyspirit addon does not come with the special engine sounds that the Aviation Link 777 has, so the entire sound folder from the Aviation Link 777 addon will need to be copied over to the Air Canada 777 addon if one wants to have sounds other than the stock jet sounds of fs9.

Link to the Air Canada 777-223LR addon I am using to work around the aforementioned fs9 compatibility issue:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=91221767