Random controls problem

I’ve been off work this week, so have had more time to fly than usual. I’ve been having a problem off & on, in that I keep losing some of the controls.

Mainly the rudder, but also the throttle at times. It’s happened both on the ground and in the air. Obviously when it does, I’ve panicked.. made sure the co-pilot hasn’t got hold of the controls.. tried a few things and I’ve got it back…but it’s usually too late and I crash.

I thought it was happening in addon aircraft only (H135 helicopter…Just Flights Piper Arrow.. Hawk..Typhoon) but it’s just done it with the Robin Dr400.

I had the weather toolbar open this last time, and when I closed that I regained control. Same thing earlier today.

I need to do more experimenting but it appears to be a bug.

Update: yep, it’s definitely a bug. Just sat at EGLC in the H135. Rudders work fine. I opened the weather screen.. rudder pedals stop. I close the weather again and the pedals work.

Same thing happens if I open the refuel screen. The VFR map seems ok. Haven’t checked them all.

I kept moving my pedals..left..right..left..right..etc.. opening the wether screen and the rudders stopped working.

It doesn’t happen everytime though.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Steve,

Have a look at the video in this link to see if it might be your problem.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for that Hal, but it’s not quite the same. I only fly in VR so I don’t undock any of the screens, unless it’s having the same effect. I’ve never had this happen before though.. well before this latest update anyway. At first I thought it was problem with the H135..but it’s happening to different aircraft including the default ones.

just done more testing.. & It’s only doing it in VR. It’s like the rudder pedals / throttles are locking up while the weather loads. Closing the screen fixes it.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Cheers Hal.

I’ve just posted it in the bugs section on the main forum too. I’ll do more experiments tomorrow.

update: I’ve found another post on the main forum regarding this. People are saying it affects Navgraph and other maps as well (I also use a map in VR)

But… it only jams the controls while the mouse/cursor is over the map etc!

Yep, I’ve just tested it and it’s correct. If I move the mouse away, the rudders work again ( hence the problem appearing to be random & intermittent)

Also Asobo are aware of it and it’ll be fixed with SU8 :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta