I have just cleaned up my MSFS installation by completely uninstalling and re-installing everything. Everything is working fine, except for one item: While all controls work properly on all other aircrafts, the purchased Aerolite 103 Ultralight does respond to all control movements EXCEPT the throttle! It worked properly before the un-re-install. I have uninstalled and re-installed the 103 several times to no avail. It seems to me that the problem must be in the 103 software, since all other planes respond to the throttle. Any suggestions on where to look?

I have just cleaned up my MSFS installation by completely uninstalling and re-installing everything. Everything is working fine, except for one item: While all controls work properly on all other aircrafts, the purchased Aerolite 103 Ultralight does respond to all control movements EXCEPT the throttle! It worked properly before the un-re-install. I have uninstalled and re-installed the 103 several times to no avail. It seems to me that the problem must be in the 103 software, since all other planes respond to the throttle. Any suggestions on where to look?

Hi John,

Did you buy it from the Marketplace or Simmarket… and do you have the latest version?

I bought the 103 a while back from Simmarket but haven’t installed or used it in a while. I had previously downloaded version 1.12 but it appears the latest is 1.16 which I have just downloaded / installed.

I’m not sure about the old version but the latest seems ok to me. That is… assuming simply putting it into the community folder worked.

The original version had an installation program (albeit a somewhat outdated looking one) but 1.16 didn’t have that,

Of course you may have bought it from the MSFS Marketplace in which case you should already have the latest version.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Link throttle to throttle axis 01. That is what fixed my throttle errors.

Thanks for your comment - not sure what you mean by "throttle axis 01". I am using the Throttle from a Saitek X55 Pro with a Thrustmaster T 16000M joystick in a HOTAS setup, and I am using "Throttle AxisL-Z" for control with all other functions of the Saitek disabled. But, as I said, the throttle works with all other planes.

Hi John,

Did you buy it from the Marketplace or Simmarket… and do you have the latest version?

I bought the 103 a while back from Simmarket but haven’t installed or used it in a while. I had previously downloaded version 1.12 but it appears the latest is 1.16 which I have just downloaded / installed.

I’m not sure about the old version but the latest seems ok to me. That is… assuming simply putting it into the community folder worked.

The original version had an installation program (albeit a somewhat outdated looking one) but 1.16 didn’t have that,

Of course you may have bought it from the MSFS Marketplace in which case you should already have the latest version.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for your comments Steve. I bought the 103 from the Marketplace, and the version is now 1,18. It installs itself into the "Official" folder under "Packages" - not in the "Community Folder". I have emailed Nemeth Designs with my problem, as there could be a problem with the latest update, but no reply so far.

Thanks for your comments Steve. I bought the 103 from the Marketplace, and the version is now 1,18. It installs itself into the "Official" folder under "Packages" - not in the "Community Folder". I have emailed Nemeth Designs with my problem, as there could be a problem with the latest update, but no reply so far.

The latest version is currently 1.16, you can check it in https://www.nemethdesigns.com/ website. In fact I updated mine from Simmarket couple of days ago, and it was 1.16 indeed. Why version in the Marketplace is marked as 1.18 is beyond me.

It's not the first time a product in the Marketplace doesn't work as expected, while its counterpart from external vendors (read in the Community folder) works fine. It happened e.g. with Drzewiecki Landmarks packs for months. Has to do with the way the Marketplace encrypts data, I think.

Not to mention how much slower they are to include updates.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Can you believe this? I tried moving the 103 folder from the "Official" folder under "Packages" to the "Community" folder. Started a new 103 flight AND THE THROTTLE WORKED! I took off, but at 300 ft the engine died and the throttle no longer worked - end of story. Another attempt to fly did not work - no throttle. I think I am giving up, I liked the 103 because it was great for sightseeing, of which I do a lot in MSFS. Thanks to you all for your interest!

Can you believe this? I tried moving the 103 folder from the "Official" folder under "Packages" to the "Community" folder. Started a new 103 flight AND THE THROTTLE WORKED! I took off, but at 300 ft the engine died and the throttle no longer worked - end of story. Another attempt to fly did not work - no throttle. I think I am giving up, I liked the 103 because it was great for sightseeing, of which I do a lot in MSFS. Thanks to you all for your interest!

What actually puzzles me is that it worked at all, having manually moved the folder from "Official" to "Community".

Given the encryption used by Marketplace items, MSFS shouldn't even see it in the Community folder, and in fact normally doesn't.

I know it's a pain in the ass paying twice for the same item, but I'd bet that if you uninstall the Aerolite from the Content Manager, then buy it from an external vendor and install this later version, it would work fine. I've succesfully done that occasionally.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Thanks for your comment - not sure what you mean by "throttle axis 01". I am using the Throttle from a Saitek X55 Pro with a Thrustmaster T 16000M joystick in a HOTAS setup, and I am using "Throttle AxisL-Z" for control with all other functions of the Saitek disabled. But, as I said, the throttle works with all other planes.

As in this screenshot below, just link your throttle on you Hotas to the axis under the Power Management system. Its a bug in MSFS at the moment with the throttles. This way works best.

ex9U2jF.png

Thanks for your clarification. I have the same settings, except that the throttle function on my joystick is disabled because of a noisy potentiometer. I have uninstalled the Aerolite 103 and replaced it with Asobo's 103 Ultralight (with 2-cycle engine), which is great for sightseeing and fun to fly!

Thanks for your clarification. I have the same settings, except that the throttle function on my joystick is disabled because of a noisy potentiometer. I have uninstalled the Aerolite 103 and replaced it with Asobo's 103 Ultralight (with 2-cycle engine), which is great for sightseeing and fun to fly!

My pleasure, glad I could help. I just got carenado's skymaster, and that is a joy to fly. Going to be enjoying her ALOT this weekend. :)