And after being inspired by the RFDS show I went into MSFS and trying to fly the King Air 350, which is a standard airplane in the base version of MSFS. When I tried flying it when new to MSFS it was too much airplane and I did not fly it well. Now I have figured how to get the Auto-pilot to behave and get it trimmed up properly when not on the AP. After making a couple of safe flights (and landings!) I will be trying it some more. Maybe in Australia like the show.

Pat

And after being inspired by the RFDS show I went into MSFS and trying to fly the King Air 350, which is a standard airplane in the base version of MSFS. When I tried flying it when new to MSFS it was too much airplane and I did not fly it well. Now I have figured how to get the Auto-pilot to behave and get it trimmed up properly when not on the AP. After making a couple of safe flights (and landings!) I will be trying it some more. Maybe in Australia like the show.

Pat

If you want to try something cool to recreate real world flights, I do this all the time: Go to Airliners.net, and search for your aircraft. Then go to Flightaware.com and enter in a N-Number for the aircraft in the photos that come up from Airliners.net. You can then get real world flight recreations with the from and to - and with MSFS with Bing Map data, it doesn't get much more real than that. You will see what the pilots actually saw. :)

Yes, the RFDS is a much-loved, legendary organisation in Australia. You can get free RFDS livery from flightsim.to

Have a look at this:

Cheers

I picked up the livery from Flightsim.to

I love it. Then tried flying from Broken Hill and Kalgoorlie. They went well. Some very flat country around there.