NEW everything, need advice

NEW everything, need advice

1/ Just ordered a brand new everything for MS2020 but...need help/guidance installing and configuring user interface devises. Someone who has done it would have much greater insight. (faster quicker, correct the first time etc)

>>

In a nut shell; pc meets MS Ideal config, with Honeycomb A , B , logitec pedals and radio.

As a licensed pilot, Im interested in correct simulation of basic aircraft (c172 etc) vs really fantastic graphics

On another note:

2/ Can I put the c172 controls on one monitor and the outside view on others?

>>

>> Please and thanks

>>

>> John

Hi, firstly I would make sure windows 10 (or 11) is completely up to date. Then I would update everything in the MS Store.

You haven’t said which version of MSFS you have bought, or what your computer specs are?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

thanks for quick reply Steve!!!

Have not bought the MSfs2020 yet and dontt know what option to buy!! Stnadard verison planes and Airport detail seem fine by me. but what format? download or cd or Steam??

Ryzen 7 3700X RAM: 32GB

GeForce RTX 3070 VRAM: 8GB

Storage: 150GB SSD , 1 TB HDD

several monitors and a projector options for screens

love to get the steamguage controls on one small crean and the outside view on the projector or a large screen. can I do that without "air Manager or similar?

thanks for quick reply Steve!!!

Have not bought the MSfs2020 yet and dontt know what option to buy!! Stnadard verison planes and Airport detail seem fine by me. but what format? download or cd or Steam??

Ryzen 7 3700X RAM: 32GB

GeForce RTX 3070 VRAM: 8GB

Storage: 150GB SSD , 1 TB HDD

several monitors and a projector options for screens

love to get the steamguage controls on one small crean and the outside view on the projector or a large screen. can I do that without "air Manager or similar?

I would go with Steam.

As for the version, get the best one you can afford. The reason is, if you decide to upgrade in the future, you will have to pay full price for the upgraded version.

I bought the Standard version myself, then a few month's went by and I was thinking I would be paying the "difference" in the price between the two, NOPE!!! MS is charging full price no matter if you have bought a lower version.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I would go with Steam.

As for the version, get the best one you can afford. The reason is, if you decide to upgrade in the future, you will have to pay full price for the upgraded version.

I bought the Standard version myself, then a few month's went by and I was thinking I would be paying the "difference" in the price between the two, NOPE!!! MS is charging full price no matter if you have bought a lower version.

I agree about getting the best you can afford. I went with the premium deluxe from day one and not regretted it. Mine is the MS Store version though, rather than Steam. I’m not a huge fan of Steam but that’s just me.

One thing most of us can agree on though.. don’t get the dvd disc version as you will still have to download large chunks of it anyway, especially whenever an update is released. Plus with the discs, you always need to keep disc 1 in your drive…. and some say they’ve had errors trying to read the discs.

Can’t say I’ve ever tried air manager (or know anything about it) I was using multiple screens from the start (even as an alpha tester) but I had to run the sim in windowed mode, with the view dragged across the three screens. You can undock some screens, so you might be able to do as you’re hoping. I don’t think the sim has “multi monitor” support yet though.

I still have three screens but I don’t really use them now (VR changed things! Lol)

I bet it’ll be good with a projector though :)

my setup..

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Deluxe it is!!! I pick up the new PC and interfaces TODAY!!! upgrading my home internet capasity next week!

I agree about getting the best you can afford. I went with the premium deluxe from day one and not regretted it. Mine is the MS Store version though, rather than Steam. I’m not a huge fan of Steam but that’s just me.

One thing most of us can agree on though.. don’t get the dvd disc version as you will still have to download large chunks of it anyway, especially whenever an update is released. Plus with the discs, you always need to keep disc 1 in your drive…. and some say they’ve had errors trying to read the discs.

Can’t say I’ve ever tried air manager (or know anything about it) I was using multiple screens from the start (even as an alpha tester) but I had to run the sim in windowed mode, with the view dragged across the three screens. You can undock some screens, so you might be able to do as you’re hoping. I don’t think the sim has “multi monitor” support yet though.

I still have three screens but I don’t really use them now (VR changed things! Lol)

I bet it’ll be good with a projector though :)

my setup..

Regards

Steve