Will they ever get it right?

After loosing 'history' (of airports previously selected) when planning a flight, then 'gaining' wake effects for floatplanes mid year the latest update (SU7) regains the previously lost 'history' but lost wake effects.

Honestly will they ever release an update without stuffing something up? Maybe a stricter testing phase might be appreciated.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Overall I agree. The constant fixing, breaking, fixing it again cycle is getting tiresome.

But...I still have wakes on my floatplanes. I just checked with the float-equipped 172. Maybe it's a problem of a specific airplane. Which one did you try?

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Overall I agree. The constant fixing, breaking, fixing it again cycle is getting tiresome.

But...I still have wakes on my floatplanes. I just checked with the float-equipped 172. Maybe it's a problem of a specific airplane. Which one did you try?

I have found the problem. I was using my favorite amphibian the Cessna Skyhawk (I think it is a freeware one) and when I checked out the Textron 172 and the Icon A5 they both show wakes. I am positive the Skyhawk showed a wake before SU7. I must contact the chap who created it and tell him.

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Guest Robert455

Inadequate testing seems to be the rule at MS/Asobo but I don’t blame the programmers, though. This all smells of a marketing department gone wild and calling all the shots. SU8 was written in stone for GOTY and Reno. Microsoft makes these big release announcements and then Asobo has to hit them. When you have release dates and features fixed and announced, the only thing that can give is quality.

SU8 is supposed to be bug fixes so hopefully Asobo can fix a lot of the issues. The bugs are giving FS2020 a really bad rap, though. So many are leaving and going back to P3D and XPlane. Whatever is going on, they need to do better than they have. FS2020 is good stuff but many features are more pre-release state than true public-ready multiplayer flight simulation software.

Edited by Robert455