I came across this when I was looking for something else, hope it helps you out...

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Thanks a lot! This is the setup I am considering...

I am considering a new computer for flight simming with these specs...Good choice? Thanks...

The GMA3300SAM provides fine-tuned gaming and multitasking performance powered by a AMD Ryzen 5700 8-Core CPU and GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics.

About this item

Free Upgrade to Windows 111 when available (see below)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700

Memory/Storage: 16 GB DDR4, 500 GB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD

Screen: N/A

Keyboard: USB Gaming Keyboard

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Get a bigger SSD or M.2 and forget the HD.

The RTX 3060 will be fine if you are using a 1080p or 2K monitor. If you use a 4K monitor, you may need a more potent GPU?

Ideally your memory ought to be 3200 speed.

What PSU is included? This can be a limiting factor if you decide to upgrade to a more potent GPU when the price comes down, in order to run 4K.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I can't speak on the AMD CPU, I haven't used one in years. I don't see many on here that use them complain 1 bit since I've been back. There was an issue with Win 11 I think slowing it down but an update fixed that up. Memory should be fine but the more the better if you are going to play other games. This sim goes easy on CPU and Mem.. but the best graphics card you can afford the better. It relies on it heavily. If you can, upgrade the 1 Tb HDD to an SSD or even better NVMe M2 drive. If you don't have the M2 interface on the motherboard, you can add a PCIe adapter card. That's what I had to do and what a difference. I know of one fella that has the 3090 and I saw his youtube video and it was most impressive.

I hope this limited info helps you out!

Donnie

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!