VelocityOne Flight - Turtle Beach

First, it’s a pleasure to meet you all! I’m James, part of Turtle Beach’s New Product Categories team. I’m very excited to join the sim community and particularly the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) community. Having joined the company a week before they announced the VelocityOne Flight pre-orders, I’ve been spending every waking moment I can getting to know the controller. Although I haven’t been involved in the design process behind the VelocityOne Flight, I am excited to be involved in some more new developments coming soon... exciting times ahead! Hopefully this thread will help answer some FAQs – thank you all for being so patient thus far.

How did pre-order go?

We had an amazing reception from the community! Initial pre-order stock for US, UK and Germany was sold out within 15 mins. The stock for the Rest of World sold out within an hour. These are some of the best and quickest selling figures ever from Turtle Beach. If you were not able to reserve a unit via pre-order, there will be additional quantities available in waves following VelocityOne Flight’s 14 Nov ’21 launch.

When can we expect to see reviews on YouTube?

The review samples are being shipped out to the YouTube and Influencer community very shortly, so I imagine there will be some unboxing and usage content coming in the near future. Who would you most like to see review our product?

What’s the compatibility like?

The VelocityOne Flight is compatible with Windows 10, 11, Xbox Series S, X and Xbox One.

PC: The controller is compatible and will work with Windows PC sim titles, like X-Plane. However, some features such as the aircraft profiles (which auto-map the controls) are only set up for MSFS2020. Currently, other simulators such as X-Plane and DCS World will require manual control mapping just like any other sim controller. We intend to work with developers soon to integrate other simulator programs to allow the same easy plug-and-play setup we have with Microsoft.

Xbox: For it to be compatible, the title must support the MS flight stick controller type. Examples of these are Star Wars: Squadrons, and Elite: Dangerous.

What are ‘profiles’?

The in-built aircraft profiles are designed for MSFS2020. It will ship with two profiles, the Cessna 152 and the Airbus A320. These are designed to minimise the time needed to remap the entire controls set when you switch between single engine prop and passenger jet / airliner, so you can focus on the flying! The intention is to expand this collection and release more aircraft profiles along with software / firmware updates for the product in the coming months.

Does it have rudder controls?

The VelocityOne Flight does have integrated rudder controls in the form of triggers on the back of the yoke. The idea is that on a single unit, you’ve got everything you need to taxi out and get into the sky. If you’re new to flight sim I’d recommend making use of the ‘auto-rudder’ setting in MSFS2020 until you get used the controls.

Future products?

As teased by our CEO Juergen Stark at the FSExpo San Diego ‘21, if you’re looking for an additional peripheral and prefer using your feet for rudder, one of the exciting products we’ve got in the pipeline might be of interest! He also very rightly said that this is a rapidly growing market. “...our entrance with these first products is the start of an expanding portfolio into other adjacent PC simulation hardware categories” so there will be plenty more exciting news on the way.

Finally, congratulations to those of you who were successful in pre-ordering their VelocityOne Flight! Next available stock is expected to be available 14 Nov 2021. Please let me know if you have any further questions about the VelocityOne Flight and I’ll do my best to answer and give you as much information as I can. There will also be a full FAQ channel with many more questions answered on our Turtle Beach sim-specific Discord server, due to be launched on 14 Nov. If you like how the company’s growing and you’d like to be a part of our community, you can find a wingman or hang out and chat to the Dev team there too. We love getting involved and will be hosting all sorts of activities for the sim community like group flights, giveaways and more. Links will be in my bio when they’re live.

Happy simming!

- James

https://turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight

Spotted this message this morning and wanted to reply. I'm one of the lucky ones who managed to get the pre-order on Thursday and am looking forward to improving my terrible flying on the Xbox version of FS 2020 with this!

No idea how I'm going to mount it yet as I usually play from the sofa. Might have to strap it to the cat and then persuade him to my lap with treats!!

Congrats! Hopefully see you at one of our group flight sessions when we start doing those soon.

It comes with residue-less vacuum tape in the pack, which is designed for sticking it to a lap tray or similar if you're using it away from the desk.

Sounds like you've got a perfect co-pilot! With enough treats you might eventually have a pawto-pilot too :D

My feline copilot keeps complaining about the weight of the yoke on his back, so am going to have to look for an alternative!

It arrived on Saturday but I'm waiting for my USB extension lead before I can hook it up. Feels really sturdy though and am sure I'll like it once I figure out how I'm going to get it mounted to something (my issue, not a problem with the controller).

Only thing I've spotted on FB about it and so may or may not be true is that sensitivity settings done seen to be saving across sessions. I've heard this was a pro lem with the HOTAS One though so if it is an issue it may now be one with the hardware.

sensitivity settings done seen to be saving across sessions. I've heard this was a pro lem with the HOTAS One though so if it is an issue it may now be one with the hardware.

PC Sensitivity settings can be saved, but at the moment it looks like the support for Xbox isn't there yet. We think it's the same issue HOTAS One has, but we're looking into it to determine if there's anything more we can do from our end until support for it is added in a MSFS update.

Would be great to have you on the discord when you're up and running so you can fly with us! discord.gg/JMGjPcqMEj

I cannot find any information on the dimensions of this yoke/throttle combination. What are they? I need to know if I have room for it on my desk. I already have a Logitech yoke and throttle, but I’m interested. I also have two Logitech panels mounted on my yoke; I’m not sure where they’d go if I replaced the Logitech yoke with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

You have to go to the Simulation/Flightsim/PC... then click on the picture.... and scroll to "Specifications" on the right...

https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/velocity-one-flight

roughly 19" Depth x 19" Wide x 7" Height

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One