MSFS20 cd download failure

Why does my new computer keep on saying at cd 7(of 10) "Feature transfer error"?

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

My computer was checked for errors and my firewall is off

I am guessing your installing off of the CD? If so, it looks like you may have a bad CD, or your CD reader might be going?? Just a guess............

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Someone else had the same thing the other day, on the official forums. Usually means a dirty or scratched disc, as already said.

Did you get them from an official source? (Aerosoft)

I hope they weren't from eBay or similar

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Why does my new computer keep on saying at cd 7(of 10) "Feature transfer error"?

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

My computer was checked for errors and my firewall is off

Try by cleaning the DVD with a little spray of after shave and using a soft tissue. I had the similar problem with DVD2 and the cleaning

worked for me

I have ran into disc errors on PC, DVD, Blu-ray and audio. a sure fire way to fix the problem for me has always been paste auto wax. It doesn't take but a little and I use a sock to put it on and another to take it off. 99.9% results. The .1% is when its scratched to wide.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!