Stuck in offline mode?

When I click on the button with my MSFS name on it, it states that MSFS is offline and the server name for my area is shown greyed out.

When I check the Data settings, they are all ON (other than Multiplayer). This includes Bing, photogrammetry, live weather, online functionality, etc.

How do I know if I am running MSFS in online or offline mode? And how would I change to online mode, if I am truly on offline mode now?

Edited by ed1

I suspect the servers are just temporarily down in your area. With the Windows 11 rollout, it seems the servers are taxed right now. I had a few short dropouts on a flight yesterday. I would try again, they didn't stay down for very long here, just 20 seconds or so.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

OK, thanks, @plainsman. I will check again, but lately the status is shown as offline every time I look. It doesn't seem to change for a few seconds at a time. But actual flight seems ok - scenery is there during flight even in areas I haven't flown in before.

How does one tell at any moment whether MSFS is in online or offline mode? Is there any indication other than clicking on the username button at any given moment?

OK, thanks, @plainsman. I will check again, but lately the status is shown as offline every time I look. It doesn't seem to change for a few seconds at a time. But actual flight seems ok - scenery is there during flight even in areas I haven't flown in before.

How does one tell at any moment whether MSFS is in online or offline mode? Is there any indication other than clicking on the username button at any given moment?

If your in the sim (flying) hit Esc, then the General Tab, look under Data. (going from memory)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks, @davidc2. I know that is where the setting is for enabling online status. But I don't think that is where actual online status is shown.

My issue is that even with that setting ON, when I click on my username button (top right, with logo) it shows (in a small dropdown menu) that status is offline and the server line greyed out.

I haven't checked this by pausing in the air in the middle of a flight - only when on the ground setting up a new flight. Maybe online status happens only when in the air? Not sure - I just assumed that MSFS is supposed to be online whenever the sim is running. Is that incorrect?

Same thing here. Mine always says offline and the server name area is grayed out and has been for some time now. I was wondering the same things as you.

Well, if I'm not the only one experiencing this, maybe this is a MSFS bug - status shows as offline when sim is actually online.

Some more info - just took a flight and after landing and exiting the flight checked the username button. It said "offline" as the status. But the server line, while still greyed out, said "Automatic" and "25ms" and had a green wifi icon. (My computer is wired, not using wifi.)

So, perhaps it was actually online this time, even though the status line still said "offline".

Curious!

Easy way to check.. make sure multiplayer is on and gametags showing. If you see other players then there’s no doubt you are connected.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Some more info - just took a flight and after landing and exiting the flight checked the username button. It said "offline" as the status. But the server line, while still greyed out, said "Automatic" and "25ms" and had a green wifi icon. (My computer is wired, not using wifi.)

So, perhaps it was actually online this time, even though the status line still said "offline".

Curious!

When you click on the username button there is a dropdown for STATUS, it's not the online status. The options if you click on STATUS are Online, Offline, Busy, Away. That STATUS is to hide from your "Friends" by clicking AWAY.:)

When you click on the username button there is a dropdown for STATUS, it's not the online status. The options if you click on STATUS are Online, Offline, Busy, Away. That STATUS is to hide from your "Friends" by clicking AWAY.:)

Cavulife, if that Status line is only to alert others to my game status, is the line able to be toggled to another setting only if MSFS is in multiplayer mode?

In non-multiplayer mode (which I always use), that Status line is completely greyed out and not clickable, including the blue arrow pointing down at the end of the line, where I am assuming those other status choices are located.

From the Microsoft Support Site

Restart Online Functionality

Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

Go to Options > General > Data

Toggle Online Functionality OFF

Click on Apply & Save

Toggle Online Functionality ON

Click on Apply & Save

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition