A Bit Out of The Loop - ATC

I have removed myself from MSFS because I was getting frustrated with all the bugs that were manifesting with each update. Was getting lost in the temporary fixes and progress of officially repairing the so called bugs.

I'm trying to use ATC at Lakefront Airport (KNEW). In the ATC popup, COM1 is 121.700, which coincides with whats on my MFD. It lists options to tune to ATIS and Clearance

When I click on Tune Lakefront ATIS on 124.900, both the frequencies for COM1 in the ATC popup box, and on the MFD briefly change to 124.900, but snap back to the defualt frequency of 121.900. I get no ATIS message. Same deal when I select Clearance on 127.400.

Is this expected behaviour? A bug - I think MSFS still has a few that I haven't discovered yet (and has led me to shelve my interest in it) A common bug or just a bug with my configuration?

Tried another airport ... KBFM. ATC popup COM1 and MFD display 121.7 as active frequency. Tap to tune into Downtown ATIS on 135.575, displays briefly change, but return to 121.700. I do hear the ATIS though, but only once. It goes through the ATIS once (is it supposed to repeat?), and then is exhibts the same behaviour as in my original post. No more ATIS, just a brief flicker of the ATIS freq with a return to 121.7 with just static.