How do I change planes and location mid-air?

We could do this in P3D and FSX. Can this be done in MSFS?

Also, how do we save a flight mid-air? Thank you.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

To change planes, the only way I know how to do it is to switch into developer mode and then change out.

Saving a flight mid air though, When you hit your escape key, it comes up with the menu screen and at the bottom it says Load/Save. Never tried it though.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

As oneleg said, just hit your escape key, then the spacebar. It will as you to either save or load. I've used this extensively on long flights or when I think I might crash. I have saved three files: Current World flight, Current US flight, & Current Helicopter flight. Works great. Saved my behind many times. Good luck & safe flying.

The only downside of the 'Load' option is that you can't edit weather or time / date mid flight like you can when creating a flight. I find this rather frustrating.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller