G1000 NXi crashed MSFS on my PC, and other problems

Below is a "repurposed" post I published in a G1000 NXi discussion threat at Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums earlier today:

I am convinced that the G1000 NXi crashed my sim this afternoon. I was trying to replicate a YouTube tutorial on how to fly an RNAV course with a VNAV final approach – in a Cessna Caravan flying from Albany, NY to Manchester NH. I set up the flight plan in the World Map and proceeded to the cockpit, where I saw that the G1000 NXi's MFD map screen had a black background --instead of the blue/green background it should have had. I’d previously experienced a CTD after taking off with the G1000 NXi MFD map screen in the same state. So instead of taking off, I exited MSFS, restarted my PC and tried again, going back to the World Map, “filing” the flight plan, etc. This time, I could not get to Cessna’s cockpit; I could not even get to “ready to fly.” The sim CTD’d on “Fly.” This happened again after another PC restart, return to the World Map, and flight plan filing. The third time I restarted my PC, I filed the same flight plan again, but chose a different plane, the Daher TBM 930 with the stock G3000 instead of the Cessna Caravan with the G1000 NXi. This time, I was able to get into the TBM’s cockpit and take off. By process of elimination–the elimination of the G1000 NXi as a factor in this flight, I have to conclude that the G1000 NXi was the culprit in the CTDs I experienced today.

Why the stock G3000 in the Daher? I recently removed the Working Title G3000 mod from my community folder because I suspected it was causing CTDs on “Fly” after I installed Sim Update 5. (I had no problems with it prior to Sim Update 5.) Removing the G3000 mod seemed to resolve those CTDs. Ironically (or not), MSFS still mysteriously crashed to desktop this afternoon about two thirds of the way from Albany to an ILS landing at Manchester. I was really put out by this because I’d been flying in some very dynamic live weather. I have now resorted to a frustrated simmer’s ultimate solution: a complete uninstall and reinstall of MSFS 2020 — I think this my third reinstall since Sim Update 5, but who’s counting?

I am not the only one who's had problems with the G1000 NXi. Others are talking about this over at Microsoft Simulator Forums.

I have completed my latest MSFS reinstall. I'm staying away from Working Title's G1000 NXi (available as a marketplace download) and the Working Title G3000 mod for the time being and sticking with MSFS's "stock" Garmin avionics. I'm concerned that neither mod is ready for Update 5.

Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5