CTD coincidence, or cause and effect?

Rather than bury the "lede" (a cardinal sin in the journalism profession, which I used to practice), I'll cut to the chase: For the moment at least, I am thinking that Working Title's latest G3000 mod (V. 0.74) could be the culprit behind my post-Sim-update-5 CTD woes. The background:

I had a long (for me) MSFS session yesterday. I spent a couple hours, and multiple flights between KWVI (Watsonville) and KMRY (Monterey), trying to stick a landing on an ILS approach to RWY 10R at KMRY. I was flying the G36 with the G1000 NXi avionics. I'll skip the details other than to say I could not get the PFD localizer setting to work. When I tried to switch over to it from GPS on final-final, instead of being straight-up 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock, the green localizer arrow was supine at 9 and 3--even with the runway dead ahead. Also, I couldn't get the G1000 to capture the glideslope and repeatedly had to disengage the autopilot to hand-fly the plane to the runway. Good practice, but frustrating all the same. The bottom line was that I fooled around with MSFS for the better part of two hours without even the slightest hiccup.

But this afternoon, MSFS crashed while loading my first flight, after I'd clicked "fly." Thinking there might be some new conflict between my Logitech multipanel (my physical autopilot-control panel) and MSFS, I disconnected the panel from my PC and rebooted. MSFS crashed on "fly" again. I rebooted the PC again, and not knowing what else to do short of performing my third uninstall/reinstall since July 27, I removed the Working Title G3000 mod from the community folder. Then I restarted MSFS, but without first loading TrackIR as I normally do...just in case. I set up another flight from KWVI for KMRY and this time was able to get past "fly" to the G36's cockpit, take off, fly to Monterey and land. I subsequently flew an RNAV course from Watsonville to Salinas, with TrackIR this time, with no software failure.

By process of elimination, I've reached the conclusion/suspicion that Working Title's G3000 mod--which has not been updated since sim update 5--is or could have caused my latest MSFS CTDs, even though it was still in the community folder yesterday, when I didn't have a CTD. Of course, this is all provisional. As Dupree told Betty, I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5