Suddenly unflyable

I flew from Watsonville to Sacramento again today. Accept for the G3000's failure (again) to follow or even acknowledge the glideslope when I activated the approach, the flight went as planned. That's the good news. The BAD news is that MSFS is suddenly unflyable. I can get to the World Map; I can set up a flight plan, or not. But when I click "Fly," the sim crashes. A lot of people have been complaining about sim update five. I didn't have any problems until yesterday, and I ascribed those to Navigraph's plugins. But after I uninstalled all of them, the problems I was having seemed to be resolved. I can only think that there's something seriously messed up with my installed MSFS at this point. I've been through uninstalls/reinstalls before and I hate the thought of doing one again, but what's the alternative?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Have you checked to make sure you don't have a duplicate controller assignment after the last update. Try just a joystick and remove the pedals and throttle and yoke, and also just one panel. See if a simple setup works. If it does, it likely isn't necessary to reinstall, just figure out where your duplicate device is.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Have you checked to make sure you don't have a duplicate controller assignment after the last update. Try just a joystick and remove the pedals and throttle and yoke, and also just one panel. See if a simple setup works. If it does, it likely isn't necessary to reinstall, just figure out where your duplicate device is.

I didn’t check that. I went ahead with the uninstall/ reinstall, figuring I’d never figure out how to otherwise resolve it. The uninstall was odd. When I clicked on uninstall in “settings add/remove programs,” Steam opened with an uninstaller that seem to finish too quickly. So I went to the file path, saw a Microsoft Flight Simulator folder still there and deleted THAT. Then I proceeded to the reinstall. After that finished, I tested the sim. I closed MSFS, restarted my PC, opened Steam, and launched MSFS successfully. Then, from the World Map, I went to the Beech G36 on RWY 20 at Watsonville, took off, and flew a hurried landing pattern. No problem at all, other than I was flying in real time, which was 9:45 pm., with no visual references other than my instruments. It was my first nighttime landing. As if the landing hadn’t been tricky enough, taxiing at KWVI, with minimal ground lighting, was even harder. The G36 taxi lights—when I found them—were anemic. I followed the taxi ribbon in the G1000’s PFD.

I’ll look for duplicate controllers today, but I doubt I’ll find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5