Major Installation Issues with Update

Haven't played in a few weeks. Fired the sim up and was told there was no connection (not true). Closed it out, fired it up again and this time was taken to the Microsoft store regarding "gaming services" that stated I had already installed "gaming services". Game wouldn't load.

I found a "fix" where others that that exact issue and deleted two registry entries. I rebooted and the game fired up (no longer took me to "gaming services", but still refused to update. I let it run overnight to see if it would eventually update, it never did.

This morning, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issues, told me I had not connection to the internet (again, not true).

Now I cannot even get it to reinstall. When I go to the microsoft store, it tells me I own this product, it allows me to hit "install", a box pops up asking me where I want to install, I click "D" drive and then the box closes and I'm right back at the microsoft store where it says "you own this game" and an "install" button.

Any ideas short of completely reinstalling windows? I'm at a loss.

Have you also installed Digital Ownership?

You need to install the “standard” flight sim.. then digital ownership... then launch flight sim (in that order)

The sim should hopefully launch and then ask where you want to install the main part.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Have you also installed Digital Ownership?

You need to install the “standard” flight sim.. then digital ownership... then launch flight sim (in that order)

The sim should hopefully launch and then ask where you want to install the main part.

Regards

Steve

Thank you. I did that previously as well. Also, I made a little bit of progress since I posted. I found another post on here giving instructions to "reset" gaming services. I did that and I was able to get the game to install after that. Once the game fired up, I again got the message that there was no internet connection. This time I selected to play offline. I'm currently sitting at a loadup screen with a blue bar at the bottom that is taking a very, very long time, but is progressing. I assume it is installing the game. I'll see what happens next and if the game still tells me I'm offline.